Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I mean do you honestly believe that the 'All Conquering, totally professional' outfit like Sky !
    Well not this year - the sky 'juggernaut' as I think D.Miller refered to them as, is certainly not as controlling as last year, if at all. Quite a weak(ened) team IMO.

Which will make Froome's victory all the more impressive that Wiggo's.

The Sky Train has had it's day as the other teams all come on board with marginal gains and their team tacticians develop ways to breaking them up and stringing them out.

As I've said before I reckon Froome should have had it last year he was (imo) so much stronger, but the Tour/Olympic script was just such a gift for the media...Sky which lets face it sponsor riders for the advertising.

Oooh just reading an article in Cyclist mag...apparently Phil Liggett reckons the same, that the 2012 TDF should have been led by Froome.
    Last edited by William of the Hearted Bl; 19-07-13 at 10:13.

Froome reckoned they'd had a mechanical with the car which was why they'd run out of gels, seems plausible. Either way, Richie deserves a hell of a lot of praise, he's definitely taken on the role that Froome played last year and done a sterling job of it. Seems to have given so much for the team, and seems to keep on giving and is very gracious about it. I hope he'll get a chance at a team lead sometime soon as he thoroughly deserves it.

I think that the other teams are just catching up with Sky. Last year, they came in relatively new, and had taken a very scientific and thorough approach to their training, kit and tactics, and it was way ahead of all the other teams that were probably still trying to adjust to the post-doping performance levels. All the other teams have now seen what Sky are doing, and copied/improved on it and so the races are that much closer. Sky also haven't been helped by some instances of bad luck - GT cracking his pelvis and PK getting taken out earlier have weakened them at times which has placed greater strain on the fit riders, and its showing at times. I still think they are the outfit to beat though, as the GC shows. Just can't wait to see what happens today.

Massively deserved, hopefully at the end of the tour, someone can make a compilation of all the tossers getting tripped and clothes lined.

Class .