Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Summer Bike Magic ride??

did we want to try and do one?

The largest concentration of BMers on the same trails will be TwentyFour12 I reckon.

Isn't there some ancient text that says if you get more than 5 BMer's in the same place, the Earth shall die in a torrent of fire.............or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenville View Post
    Isn't there some ancient text that says if you get more than 5 BMer's in the same place, the Earth shall die in a torrent of fire.............or something?
    We'd done some a few down south. I started a thread about the Peaks and have a pass in August for this should it occur. Camping in Edale again?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Camping in Edale again?
    .....must.....resist........

Edale is far too far to drive to wait around for some yorkshitards to get to the top of a hill...and for that reason I'm out.

Wales on the other hand; now that is roughly equidistant from most normal place in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Alx View Post
    .....must.....resist........
    eh? Jens unavailable, Dylan's off the scene and I thinks Dans stopped beating people up since he's been married.

Bhb you mean south or North? I'd be interested in coedy, as there's the Porthmadog natural trail just north of Barmouth with the stupid climbs as ridden by mbr, llangdela, and a day out doing the dragon ride (I think?) with the cafe on the hill half way round?

if we want to B&b there's an excellent place in Barmouth (owned by Janine from east endears dad) with a local ale & food pub at the end of the road.

Or camping.

eh? .
    Stan, camping, tent, edale

Bhb you mean south or North? I'd be interested in coedy, as there's the Porthmadog natural trail just north of Barmouth with the stupid climbs as ridden by mbr, llangdela, and a day out doing the dragon ride (I think?) with the cafe on the hill half way round?
    I suppose mid wales Coed-Brenin or the Nant-Arian would be the most "central" for most of the UK but it's probably a bit of an epic for the SE's as you'd probably have to get to brum and go west.

There is no such thing as a stupid climb they are all equally enjoyable :-)

I Like the idea of lots and lots local ales.

I hate Barmouth with a passion - it's like Southend with Klingons. If I've got a 5 hour + drive I'd rather go to the Lakes & ride the natural stuff. Have done CYB a couple of times & whilst The Beast was tough it wasn't as involving or fun as the trails further south.

A 5 hour drive to the lakes!... I forgot the SE lot all drive BMW's and Alphas ;-)

Don't worry Alx I have a larger less complex tent now, with three poles and 9 pegs. What could possibly go wrong?

i too favor the Peaks as is less far, and I'm a bit bored with Wales Tbh.

So actually no one agrees with anyone after sixth months (inc my original thread) of banter?

see you in 2016..... Maybe.

I'm a bit bored with Wales Tbh.
    Is that because there are hills in wales stan ;-) I'd love to see some of the more vociferous resident Yorkshire gobshites out of their own territory :-)

Problem is you won't "see" them BHB. History shows that they've either cried off of are chucked out the back of the peleton despite all the talk on all of the visits I've been to Wales with them. Dalesman even had to have a lie down for two days after his first ride.

Quote Originally Posted by William of the Hearted Bl View Post
    Is that because there are hills in wales stan ;-) I'd love to see some of the more vociferous resident Yorkshire gobshites out of their own territory :-)
    Eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by William of the Hearted Bl View Post
    A 5 hour drive to the lakes!... I forgot the SE lot all drive BMW's and Alphas ;-)
    I did say 5 hour+

it doesn't matter what car you drive - the speed limit is the same

what's the FoD like these days? Must be 10 years since I rode there.

FoD is good, could easily do FoD and then the black mountians if people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by serge the seal of death View Post
    FoD is good, could easily do FoD and then the black mountians if people wanted.
    never done that so I'd be happy with it.

Sounds promising although the "Black Mountains" has always sounded vey foreboding.