Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Twentyfour 12 2013

Who's going & what you doing?

Also, if anyone fancies a pootle, we've got a spare spot in our team - in 24hr Open Male Veterans category.

We (well most of us) will not be taking it seriously

24 solo.

Well, I say 24 but it'll probably be around 12/13hrs on the bike with the rest being taken up by rolling on the floor with cramp, hunting around trying to find food, sitting shivering and gently weeping on a chair trying to get the motivation to get out, fixing the bike, changing tyres to mud's which is what I should have started on in the first place and generally doing anything I can that avoids going back 'out there'.

24 hour solo.

What Alx said but with more swearing and kicking things.

Plus I got an email this morning telling me I've won a pair of Bontrager MTB Shoes already! Whoop :-)

23hrs of tent pitching / stowing indispersed with an hours riding no doubt.

Working

Quote Originally Posted by William of the Hearted Bl View Post

Plus I got an email this morning telling me I've won a pair of Bontrager MTB Shoes already! Whoop :-)
    Nice one. You do realise this means that as a competition winner you'll have to start at the front as part of the promotion, having to do the first lap as fast as the gnarr-fuelled Torq muppets?

I'm actually thinking about starting up near the middle to front this year...none of the elbows out race face malarkey but just to avoid walking for the first half hour.

Still take it easy but avoid some of the bottle necks, I've decided that (subject to weather and booze intake) I'll be aiming to drop my lap times by about 5mins and try and give myself an honest account.

See how it goes round afan.

Edit: Unfortunately as they're only launching the new 2014 stuff after 2412 I can't get them beforehand.

Probably best off with my old Italian faithfuls one last time round Newnham. I don't 24hours in a new pair of shoes is a good idea!
    Last edited by William of the Hearted Bl; 17-06-13 at 17:42.

Reckon you should start up front Billy - you could be like the old git I witnessed last time who, when the guy that had just barged past me on one of the narrow, twisty bits shouted "rider passing right", simply said "no you're not" & made himself as wide as possible for a considerable time

Sounds like a Midlands racer...there often seems to be a "passing at round..." on XCracer. All a bit argy bargy, shouting at and making Female Juniors cry that kind of thing!

....wide as possible for a considerable time
    *avoids the obvious comment....*

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Reckon you should start up front Billy - you could be like the old git I witnessed last time who, when the guy that had just barged past me on one of the narrow, twisty bits shouted "rider passing right", simply said "no you're not" & made himself as wide as possible for a considerable time
    And just how would Billy make his slender self as "wide as possible"??

Untuck my ears from under my helmet

Hark at all this racing talk. I may have to bring the Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hark at all this racing talk.

Yeah, who'd of thought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen J View Post
    And just how would Billy make his slender self as "wide as possible"??
    Most humans, and even BHB, have elbows.

A couple of our club members are doing solo's they may come and say hello / have a beer with us if thats OK?

This does mean I need to do my big effort in club kit becuase the club has registered. It probably won't matter unless I don't in which case I could get called out as a ringer and we'll get disqualified.

Edit: I may have misinterpreted the rules.

I think you may be either:

a) misinterpreting the rules
    b) assuming anyone at 24/12 gives a monkeys about a road club rider
    c) assuming anyone at the road club gives a monkeys about you riding in a fun-team at an mtb event

A couple of our club members are doing solo's they may come and say hello / have a beer with us if thats OK?

This does mean I need to do my big effort in club kit becuase the club has registered. It probably won't matter unless I don't in which case I could get called out as a ringer and we'll get disqualified.

Edit: I may have misinterpreted the rules.
    |

So long as you register your Team with the commissaire at the registration and provide your two urine samples to the doping tent before your last stint you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alx View Post
    I think you may be either:

a) misinterpreting the rules
    b) assuming anyone at 24/12 gives a monkeys about a road club rider
    c) assuming anyone at the road club gives a monkeys about you riding in a fun-team at an mtb event
    Lol - the club is registered and competes in national MTB as well.

But yes, despite the fact the club is noe registered at the event, the likelyhood of anyone checking my name with them is very very slim....

Lol - the club is registered and competes in national MTB as well.
    But yes, despite the fact the club is noe registered at the event, the likelyhood of anyone checking my name with them is very very slim....
    Stan, what you wear to ride is utterly irrelevant...