Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yep, first past the post - it encourages the sprinters to sprint and the climbers to climb rather than sitting in the main bunch.

Have a read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_France
    aka Sean / Sandeep / Sylvian / Seamus....

Evil finish on that time trial - that sorted out a few of 'em.
    Pootleist

(For anyone waiting for EuroSport highlights tonight... *Spoiler*)

So Wiggo has lost more time...

What do you think is going wrong for him? A lot of talk from commentators about bad luck, e.g. the puncture in the TT which potentially cost him the stage etc... Is this the case or do you think that is just commentator bias/excuses?

T'other teams have got the measure of power-meter riding & are quite willing to let Sky do all the hard work.

In his own words, Wiggo admitted to "descending like a girl" following his off.
    Pootleist

Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    Which team are on drugs this year then?
    Looks like Sylvan George of AG2R - are under investigation by the UCI for failed dope tests
    Last edited by BHB 10.6.6; 15-05-13 at 14:48.

I find myself wondering about Nibali - a simple change of team shouldn't make someone that much better, especially when half the riders around him came form Liquigas too.

little fekker looks invincible.
    Pootleist

A couple of impressive performances today though - not a classic Giro so far but some great individual stuff.
    Pootleist

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    A couple of impressive performances today though - not a classic Giro so far but some great individual stuff.
    Nibali's constitution is one of fading in week three if the GC's, although he has been working on it.

Rumour had it that Wiggins is carrying a chest infection. Could be an explosive week 3 if nibali fades and wiggins comes on strong.

If this illness is true and wiggins had to give up the chase for Pink, the Tour could be very interesting indeed......

I find myself wondering about Nibali - a simple change of team shouldn't make someone that much better, especially when half the riders around him came form Liquigas too.

little fekker looks invincible.
    I'm quite enjoying watching the spanking, I hope to fucking god wiggins is somewhere close and Nibali can repay the cocky little look over the shoulder.

But back to doping...the Hesgerdaal thing is causing some stir in a few places, apparently his recent lack of form is down to a possible virus/infection of some sort of description but nobody knows what it is but it apparently only seems to be affecting the Garmin team ;-) nod nod wink wink etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Rumour had it that Wiggins is carrying a chest infection.
    *cough cough* bullshit! It must have been giving all that giving it the gab in interviews pissing all over Froome, saying he's number one and he's doing the double!

Nibali's constitution is one of fading in week three if the GC's, although he has been working on.
    no, he looks much stronger than ever before..........can't quite put my finger on it but he seems like he'd have an answer to anything anyone throws at him - a bit like Bertie a couple of years ago.
    Pootleist

The other night I sat down to watch my recorded highlights and would you believe it.......the whole recording was Andy Fecking Murray playing tennis in Monaco!

Still a night behind at the mo, always too tired these days to watch a double header. Its certainly a tougher route than the TDF and probably more exciting. Nibs certainly seems to have got Wiggo well covered...........but still a long way to go!

Eurosport per chance?

They have the most amazing scheduling on Virgin...you can be watching snooker on the screen but the titles are telling you you're watching the Triathlon world cup!

Eurosport per chance?
    nah, Sky......not a normal occurance to be fair.

Very wet day...really proper wet day.

They've neutralised the stage from 3km out, to prevent any crashes...not sure how the stage wins going to work out?

Live Stream for those wanting to watch it while they work :-)

http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/e...rt-live-stream
    Last edited by BHB 10.6.6; 16-05-13 at 14:06.

Wiggo out.

Wiggo out.
    Indeed, a bit of a chest infection apparently.

(awaits some cynic to come along & point out that was the regular excuse for dopers on the edge of a positive test withdrawing back in the day as it excused certain 'levels' in the blood )
    Pootleist

(awaits some cynic to come along & point out that was the regular excuse for dopers on the edge of a positive test withdrawing back in the day as it excused certain 'levels' in the blood )
    Sir Bradley doesn't need to dope he's got the SKY train to ride behind :-)

Is that the one he struggled to hold on to?
    Pootleist

Well one things for certain it might make the Tour of France considerably more interesting.

I would love to see Froome and Wiggins being allowed to take chunks out of each other...but I have the sinking feeling that the SKY train will pander to sir bradley...who knows!