Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    That's not half bad for Snap and Fail.
    Indeed, I too may have a windfall sometime this year and if so thats on my list as my venture into 29er's. I quite fancy a rigid fork for some reason.

Maybe.

They're a top bike to have stan...they really really are. I'm not sure I'd get rid of 26ers altogether...out and out speed I reckon I'm still faster on a lightweight Carbon Hardtail, but yeah they're mile munching for sure...but as you know I'm a bit of a mincer going down things!

I still don't know what to do in my personal bike dilema...

I buy the On-One drop out...because I like the versatility but it's only sold in one utter gopping Orange Colour.

I buy the On-One slot...because all of my bikes are either Carbon or White...but then it can only ever be a SS...albeit without any of the conversion teething troubles I had with my geared inbred.

I will be probably be running it with the Kona PII's because they are an awesome fork...

or perhaps

I may even venture into the world of eBay chinese carbon...because lets face it that's all that the On-One forks are.

I'm stumped for Suspension forks as My Reba on the Cube are Taper...and I would only upgrade to SID's but then that would mean my 'Spare frame' would also have to be tapered which makes the On One redundant :-/

or I could spaff my insurance money on a chorus groupset and get some quite nice wheels made.

Oh Choices Choices... Or I could just not bother with any of those and put it all in the pot and Buy a Cento Uno :-/

Or a holiday...I've not been on holiday for more than three days in nearly 4 years now.
    Last edited by BHB 10.6.6; 01-05-13 at 18:16.

The reviews I've seen on that Crackenfail are all very positive - you can even chuck gears on it if you want to.

It's one of the few clown bikes I've seen & actually quite liked.

Cheek of it, the Cannondale Cadd 8 i was going to get on teh work scheme, the bike company wanst a 50 admin charge.

am thinking about a Genesis Vapour cyclocross bike

You really need to try that first Serge.

I know 2 people that have bought CC bikes & ended up getting rid after a few months to replace them with roadies.

Actually, I think Greeners had a Croix De Fer for a while but then went full stiffback too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I know 2 people that have bought CC bikes & ended up getting rid after a few months to replace them with roadies.
    They really are the bike "for the man who has everything" Which is precisely why I need one as I seemingly have applied the Noah Policy on bikes at the moment...i.e. currently I've got two of everything :-)

Apparently, I need to get rid of one if I'm to have both my new bikes this year :-\

the ribble winter trainer is also going high in the stakes at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Apparently, I need to get rid of one if I'm to have both my new bikes this year :-\
    I must be honest with myself the only reason I want a cyclocross bike to piss off the elbow pad wearing Full Suss warriors that ride the local trials :-)

I'm having a bit of a personal amnesty on bikes, I've not touched my clothing presses and mug transfer stuff in over a year because of the number of bikes in the attic :-(

I have actually started and sold one of my road frames :-/ I'm also going to get around to spraying a 531 clunker in Celseste and building that up along with an older frame i'm going to get rid of all my old Race Face/Toras/LX stuff...going to try and flog them down at the car boot sale or I'm going to give them to charidee.

The Ribbles and Dolans really do come quite well regarded, and certainly there are enough people riding them that know their beans.

What Toras you got? They may be betterer than the Psylos on my SS.

The ones which weigh the same as pygmy elephant.

I would have to check as being a funny one for aesthetics I tend to remove stickers off things...but I believe they are Tora 302? 100mm with the lockout and they are likely to be 2008 model....

If you can afford the postage you can have them (they will have a short steerer) let me know and I can photo them....(just sent a photo because I forget just how easy it is on a Mobile Telephone these days!)
    Last edited by BHB 10.6.6; 14-05-13 at 12:15.