Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    22,581

    BBC Class calculator

    Morning BBC drivel on the Television:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

    Silly midweek quiz...we came out as "Established Middle Class"

  2. #2
    Got same as you BHB, balls, I'm common as muck!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dalesman 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, Gods County
    Posts
    21,551
    Established middle class, or if I just put LG down as my Socialise person [scientist] it lowers me to technical middle class. Thought it may have lifted me to "Gentry"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dalesman 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, Gods County
    Posts
    21,551
    Now owned up to knowing of DK and BHB and I'm a
    Precariat


  5. #5
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cumbria, not Yorkshire.
    Posts
    17,673
    Elite, FFS! *is gutted as the last vestiges of socialist credibility are flushed down the pan* Oh, well......Hortense! More truffles!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    22,581
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    I'm common as muck!
    That's because you are from Yorkshire.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,270
    Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    That's because you are from Yorkshire.
    He obviously scored higher by failing to mention he lives in Hull. Me, Technical middle class.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,814
    Pile of wank.

  9. #9
    LOL

    I doesn't even take into consideration professional or academic qualifications, as Nobby said....POW

  10. #10
    Okay if it is accurate, I'm off into town at lunchtime to buy a bowler hat and a brolly :-)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,270
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    Okay if it is accurate, I'm off into town at lunchtime to buy a bowler hat and a brolly :-)
    Made of plastic in Union Jack colours I presume.....?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    17,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Pile of wank.
    Is that a new term for homeless folk...?

    Mine came-up as working class but I have no idea what the first word means...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    22,581
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    I doesn't even take into consideration professional or academic qualifications
    I think that was the point of the latest study. If you take into account both material and cultural assets to define class rather than the traditional notion which was your education and your profession...which seemingly count for naught these days anyway.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Frii View Post
    Mine came-up as working class but I have no idea what the first word means...
    I'm not sure you know what the second word is either ;p

  15. #15
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cumbria, not Yorkshire.
    Posts
    17,673
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    LOL

    I doesn't even take into consideration professional or academic qualifications, as Nobby said....POW
    Er, Prince Harry/Charles/ William - not the sharpest knives in the draw....

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,814
    Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    I think that was the point of the latest study. If you take into account both material and cultural assets to define class rather than the traditional notion which was your education and your profession...which seemingly count for naught these days anyway.
    The problem with this is, within those perameters, it will be bracketing folk like Wayne Rooney & Rio Ferdinand as 'elite' as opposed to 'over-paid lawn destroyers'.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    17,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I'm not sure you know what the second word is either ;p
    Indeed. I'm even typing with my mouth full...

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    MTB HQ
    Posts
    3,050
    Ooh love a quiz/survey!

    will you all still talk to me now I am officially 'Elite' ?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cumbria, not Yorkshire.
    Posts
    17,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Ooh love a quiz/survey!

    will you all still talk to me now I am officially 'Elite' ?
    I will. Us "Elites" must stick together, don't you know.

  20. #20
    Senior Member blondy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lancashire
    Posts
    537
    im a new affulent worker,apparently...dont really believe in all this class ball hooks myself..

Similar Threads

  1. Casio Calculator
    By Elmer Fudd in forum Soapbox
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-07-07, 12:41
  2. Birthday calculator
    By the kato in forum Soapbox
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-11-06, 09:44
  3. Online Bike Calculator
    By Jonty Dennis in forum Riding
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-04-03, 21:42
  4. Who's got my calculator?
    By Mister Jolly in forum Soapbox
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-09-02, 16:20
  5. calculator
    By Marco Framboli in forum Soapbox
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-08-02, 22:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •