So depressed, shopping for new over shoes and gloves

so have killed my old Planet X over shoes, and fed up with cold fingers. my winter gloves are 6 years old, so going for some new ones,

The endura M500 overshoes look good.

any recomendations, remember at this time of year my riding is almost 100% night riding. so its cold, Burr

For the gloves I can't fault the Fox Antifreeze, they have a water/wind proof liner then a insulated outer...when it was really reaaallly cold I wear my winter wetsuit gloves.

As for outershoes I've never bothered, my feet will always get wet and cold so I just let them get cold and wet from the start!

I use neoprene overshoes, I never get cold feet with them, even when they get wet through shoes/feet stay dry and toasty.

Similar to these (which are a steal here!):- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=22690

Overshoes for off-road use? I'd expect them to last 5 mins!

For off road I wear MW80 boots, road it's neoprene based overshoes - current ones are Pearl Izumi.

Gloves are a mix of road/mtb for both - for cool weather it's PI P.R.O. Softshell Lite gloves, when it's cold these get silk liners underneath. For shitty weather it's PI Cyclones and if it's shitty & really cold these also get the silkies.

No apologies for the Pearl Izumi fetish - it's fekkin good kit.

I've a pair of 661 Storms knocking around which I've worn twice - so bulky it's like wearing welders gloves. If you want to try 'em you're welcome to.

I use Endura (strike?) waterproof gloves for both although some don't like them. Lake Winter boots with thermal sealskins for mtb and Planet X (they were 5 and I will upgrade) overshoes for the road.

+1 for pearl Izumi, I may be reinvest in some of their stuff soon.

Altura Night Vision Gloves
    Endura M500 over dodas = Excellent good for off road as well.

Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Silk glove liners with normal gloves work wonderfully...

Gave up with overshoes, bought some Northwave celcius winter boots and wear them with warm socks. They've saved my untold in overshoes and will pay for themselves.

I've been using these Garneau jobbies for a few months...

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/louis-garneau/windtex-eco-flex-2-gloves-ec040437

Excellent thin but windproof membrane keeps the chill off in -3c no problem. I do get warm hands when cycling, though I reckon they'd suit most types south of the Lakes. Great bar feel, too, due to the single layer. Highly recommended.

So good I ordered another pair...

have gone with the fox ones

Oh Oh

Use Endura Strikes for cool weather (down to 2ish deg C) but for cold weather the PI's that Nobby recommends are really good. Overshoe's ? Altura night vision for commuting with MT500's as back up for truely fcuking awfully cold/snowy/slushy stuff. The MT 500's have been employed a lot, lately. Off road I put a pair of Endura BaBa's under a pair of Sealskins and have a pair of those daft looking Shimano AM Stormtrooper shoes with the big lace protector flap - look a complete tool but me feet are warm.