Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re. Mr serge the seal of death

Just a quick "big up" for serge as he seems to be the only person starting up relevant, new threads on this God-forsaken website.
    Good work, serge.

Which begs the question why?

Cos you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    Which begs the question why?
    Indeed it does and I'm as guilty as anyone else but when you do, you may as well bang you're head on a wall for all the, sensible, responses that you get.
    The place is dead but I just can't help dropping in with the occasional post.
    More out of a, totally, misguided hope that the "good old days" might return. They won't, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenville View Post
    Indeed it does and I'm as guilty as anyone else but when you do, you may as well bang you're head on a wall for all the, sensible, responses that you get.
    More out of a, totally, misguided hope that the "good old days" might return. They won't, of course.
    I've heard of this mystical BM of times past. I was lurking on STW mostly then but apparently it got a bit ott and there were a few nutters on here. What happened to them? Just got bored?

Without getting personal, it's not just the folk left, or those that have gone. The site itself is pants, it's so dated and if you really want any info you go elsewhere. It used to be good, yes, and I've made a few friends from it, all good things come to an end.

Just a quick "big up" for serge as he seems to be the only person starting up relevant, new threads on this God-forsaken website.
    Good work, serge.
    X2

One day I'll ride a bike again and might even meet you, now there's an incentive for you to carry on your efforts

Why do i post on here, because i am fed up with people knocking the site, I have been on bike magic for over 10 years, in that time the site went from loads of reviews and being really the only online bike website and forum, (check out mid 90s MBUK to see the adverts for BM) i agree in the last 6 years the level of reviews and bike content died, this was due to the owners changing tact, and the fact that loads of other websites become established, i remember when Chipps used to post on here before singletrack was an apple in his eye, and Jo Burt.
    But one of the real reasons why the website appears dead is the forum, this is the part that only makes a community, not money for the owners, you only need to see the posts on the front pages and the comps they do to see that it is a different group of people posting there, add the facebook and the lurkers and poeple are using the site, reading reviews and news, which has really picked up since Dirt took over. There is a pulse in BM, its not dead yet!!, But if you want the forum to appear used post up stuff, persoanaly i would kill the MDT, its a waste of forum space and makes the place appear dead. But also we all need to accept how lucky we have been in haveing a forum that is almost unmoderated, but also accept that the actions of some people and the aggression and abuse posted has caused alot of damage to BMs reputation.
    I have a lot of love for BM, had some great rides and have some proper friends from the site of old who i met in the real world, i even had about 10 of them at my wedding.
    So yes i am guilty of trying to do a bit of Forum CPR from time to time.

Things are a little slow at present but there's life in the old girl yet...

BM is still a more than passable cycling resource and the banter on the forum makes it worth popping on.

It's a community, yes people come and go, some are decent guys n' gals, some are complete cnuts... but there are a core of peeps that are mines of sometimes useful MTB related info etc and offer honest opinions on a variety of stuff besides biking and it makes it worthwhile surfing the site/forums..

Like the real world it ain't perfect but it has a purpose...

And it is good to put faces to screen names in the real world on the odd BM ride out or drunken weekend in Wales, oop norf or in the land of the skirt wearing gingers..

And to those that are still negative or don't like it then they can always excercise their right to choose and fook off elsewhere and hang out on STW , Dirt or Bikeradar

As one of the middle guard (I wasn't there at the start with Serge and Co, but was in a little before the supposed golden days) I do sometimes miss this place, but life and work have moved to mean that I just can't give the time I used to to keep up with what is going on. I do miss those days too, and am as guilty as a lot of lurking more than posting.

There seems to be a little life being breathed into the old place, I'll see if I can't try and post every time I lurk even if its just an old howdy. I'm sure if we all put a little bit back in things could be resurrected.

Hey Demonix, how's the leg coming on?

Well said Serge, I said that before you and I stand by it. Certain people moan and bitch that the site isn't the same then piss off and (mentioning no names) go insane/are insane/play with cameras/clean pools/smoke weed/take up ballroom dancing rather than contribute*.

If we all made an effort this site could still be good.

*no offense john/Dylan//Karlos/mike/hans/sandy

/troll .

*Videos self doing a mad dance, underwater, whilst smoking a bifta through me snorkel*

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post

If we all made an effort this site could still be good.
    Says the man who seems to be trying to get himself banned again?? Lets hope They don't see that pic again!

*Videos self doing a mad dance, underwater, whilst smoking a bifta through me snorkel*
    Lunchtime as usual at the NHS again Greeners?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Lunchtime as usual at the NHS again Greeners?
    Nah, just a quiet night in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Hey Demonix, how's the leg coming on?
    I tend to do that, well on my leg anyways

^ Eurrrrgh DM.... you should know by now you're 'sposed to catch it in your belly button

Nobby, leg is on the mend 80-90% there and I am cycling again - regularly

Not quite ready / strong enough for a full on trail centre thrashing but shouldn't be too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
    ^ Eurrrrgh DM.... you should know by now you're 'sposed to catch it in your belly button
    That pre supposes its pointing "up", which at his age......