Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marty mmm
    Mine was a beautiful Benjyboard Comp2, ACS 651 Trucks and 70mm lime green kryptonics

Phatboy da silver Marmot
    I wasn't even a trinkle in my dads eye then.However, never let the truth get in the way of a good story (eh Milo?) so i did in fact own all of the skateboards ever made, and they were all better than yours.

Phatboy da silver Marmot
    trinkle? twinkle even. Though trinkle kinda works...

marty mmm
    What did he ride then

Phatboy da silver Marmot
    My mom probably (i hope).

marty mmm
    was that with his 'twinkle'

David Brown
    Gordon & Smith Fibreflex, Laser trucks & Kryptonites....I now have Sector9 Pintail, but I miss my G&S.

marty mmm
    Dont make 'em like they used to EH!

David Brown
    Well I dunno about that, Sector9, Gravity are all nice boards, it's just nostalgia really...oh, and G&S have started making boards again...but they're lots of money!!

marty mmm
    they are also remaking some of the old models aswell,have a look at their website

Dan (D. Highwayman)
    I had a yellow, skinny one.I never had a skateboard though. Arf arf.

A yellow plasic one with red trucks, bloody thing claimed my front tooth.

Dan (D. Highwayman)
    mine waa plastic too. Had silver trucks but red wheels. A mate of mine sold me the kyptonics from his brother's board and I suddenly discovered why they were worth all that extra money.The fact that you could put in half the effort and go twice as fast was kind of appealing.

Krayzee Hoss
    Mine was a fashioned! from piece of ply and the wheels from an old pair of roller skates, cost £nowt, enjoyment - loads.Plus I had a full replacement set of wheels off the other roller skate.Being 10yrs could'nt afford anything else.

God I thought I was old

Krayzee Hoss
    The skateboard wasn't a patch on my trolley though, now they were a laugh, pram wheels, foot/string steering, covered in beer bottle caps for protection, still got the thigh/elbow scars from emergency braking manouvers? (brakes, wot brakes?)

oh what a cool thread! its amazing the amount of mtb'ers that are ex 1st generation skateboarders.1st board-hobieflex/acs 430/hobie wheels2nd-chapstick/acs500/red 70mm kryptonics3rd-sims superlight/gullwing8/powerflex5's4th-benjyboard marc sinclair/g'wing9"/slimeballslast board before i stopped riding due to not healing arms/legs/heads and hips was a brand x riot stick/9"indys/kryptonic slammers and i've still got it!anyone ever ride the mad dog bowl/rolling thunder/the barn or cage/harrow/rom/meanwhile gardens/southbank?"

tony mcgarley
    As a six year-old in circa. 1971, i nicked a rollerskate from my sister, halved it and nailed the two ends to a Beano annual. I would sit on it and fly downhill until i gained the confidence and skill to do it standing up.Thus, I invented the skateboard. (well, in my street, at least!)I'd get about four runs out of it before the nails would dislodge from the pages of dennis the menace and would have to reposition the nails. So started the search for a suitable lump of wood, from which the 'Garleyboard Mk II' was conceived.This gave me some years of service until 'proppa' boards came along, my first being a British Home Stores job for £5.50 (megabucks in the mid 70's).In 1977 i swapped my worn out Diana-SP50 air pistol for a Lotus board.

marty mmm
    Mad Dog Bowl now there is a blast from the past what an excellent venue!!

David Brown
    The skate shop near me is still in existence after more than 20 years..with the same old guy running it !!!Unfortunately they decorated recently so it's lost that really drab 20 years out of date feel to it...