Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SO 2013 riding and bike plans

So a whole new year will soon be upon us, and once again events and new products will take our hard earned money.

So what are your plans for 2013?

Mine.

now the kids are slighlty older, 2 and 5, i hope to get a few more day passes, heopfully over the spring/summer to ride some trail centres, really want to do Afan as never been, Cody Brenin as i went their years ago when it was still the red bull route. and get to Forest of Dean a few times and get to know the singletrack.

for events thinking off the hell of the north cotswolds, (again) would like the forest of dean enduro, and maybe the roughride, or something else in wales. would possibly be good to do one around dartmoor or quantocks, never ridden them either.

For bikes want to upgrade to 10 speed, mostly for the clutch on the rear mech, and also try a 650B bike, and get a very light xc bike, either hardtail or full sus, something nice for these all day rides.

May dip toes in the world of 29ers.......
    Mind it could have drop bars

Next year I will crack the 4,000 miles - it's not going to happen this year, having been ill for the last two and a half weeks.

Only getting a measured 2000 in, may have to try a bit harder next year

Oh, I intend to ride my bike (MTB) in 2013 - haven't touched either MTB since early October :/

At the moment I'm just hoping to get on any bike after a 5 week layoff with no prospect of a quick return
    Once I'm back I'm also hoping to get a HONC entry (hope to see you there this time Serge) and then start training for the 24/12. Bike-wise I'm hoping to try a few carbon 29er hardtails, but considering I'm close to jacking in my job and having a massive midlife crisis I may not have the funds :-/

thanks to his lordship..
    i can see his post..

woudnt mind having a go on one of those there fat tyre bikes..

Quote Originally Posted by blondy View Post
    thanks to his lordship..
    I can see his post..
    what ?

7817.jpggreat for the snow..?

I'm scraping through financially until lazybones indoors goes back to work in August. I'm entering the Gorrick Spring series and the Enduro in May, based on next Sundays experience may join proper roadie club and get some sportives and road races in as well. Might consider the 24/12 depending on how it all works out. It will be solo or in a beer laden comedy team only though.

Also thinking of dabblin' in 29ers but that may have to wait until 2014...

Have been saving for our final affordable Caribbean holiday (before we are bound by School Hols) so have that to look forward to.

Something you need to get off your chest Alx?

ohh should get a spedo or a smart phone so i can actually record milage

After a year "off" racing the longer distance stuff, I'm back to middle distance tri this year as a main target. = Probably the "Beaver" middle in June.(world qualifier)

However I've already entered this: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ev...-West-Sportive but if anyone wants my place I'm about to withdraw as it clashed with Ellesmere tri and I reckon the purchase of some deep section carbon tubs could see me under 2h15.

LLandudno tri is also on trhe cards - maybe the sprint distance world qualifier..

Might come back to HONC if it does not clash with a local sprint tri I've entered in April. Though on balance I'd rather have another go at the Rough Ride if its on this year, juyst to make sure the MTB comes out.

If I can swing it with the Mrs then the short course at Alpe d'huez might get a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post

Something you need to get off your chest Alx?
    Don't think there's enough space on here for that. Let's just say that I'd rather work anywhere else than I'm working at the moment and I'm desperately looking for a way out, even if that means a complete change of career. Bad times.

Sorry to hear that Alx.

Simply looking to ride more - it's been a slow year overall. Need to explore Swinley more, revisit Afan & Cwmcarn and will probably do 24/12 now they've put it back to a sensible date.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Sorry to hear that Alx..
    Ditto.

If you want some bike time Alx I'm not far away I'm happy to drive over and partner up with some MTB or Road (not prodding for conversation, just offering a ride partner).

I've a gap in the Christmas week, maybe week could all organise a road meet for a change?

I'll just be happy to be alive. Biking wise, no racing, it's a pointless quest. For me it's going to be long distance rides, bivvying in remote hills, tugging in my tent and photographing the sunrise.

If I get yizzed off with life I may do a Monty Wick and just fek off on my bike, 40 next year and still a lot to get out of my system.

Just thought one quest for next year is to get a sub 30 minutes on the Clubs TT course, best get training :-)

I maybe after 12 years, *brace yourselves*, get a new bike. Honestly.

Alx, sorry to hear work is like that

My goals are to get out on the bike more than once a week, and finally get round to practising bunnyhopping until I can clear 12" reliably.