Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well said Stevey.
    I'm looking forward to the Games, just be glad when all the fekkin build up and media whoohaa has ended and the action actually starts. Glad I don't live in the area though, I might not be so happy about it then.

Dalesman, if you get this weeks cycling weekly there is an article in about the Olympic Road Race and where the best spots are to see it

Fat lot of good that will do him, unless he gets there in June!

The best place to watch a cycle race is on the Television.

Yes, it's mind-numbingly dull in the flesh. Nothing happens for hours, then something happens and you think, "fuck me, is that it?"

Obviously the track cycling would be an awesome spectacle.

its not all new, the are using the rowing lake at henley.

anyway they wanted a compact games, so build new stuff close together, which to be honest is proably cheaper then doing up exsisting places. where people would moan about a centre being closed for a year etc.

still no idea why the MTB course is where it is though. chilterns would have been great.

Boxhill would have been better. It would have brought two elements of cycling to the same area and made it a real focal point.

(Would have made a horrible mess of a beautiful spot though!)

I had the chance to come back to the UK in July (my home being the London / Essex area) but I don't want to be stuck in traffic for two or three weeks... Decided to stay here and make the most of the sunny trails instead!

I think I made the right decision...

So is anyone feeling any stirrings of interest in the Olympics yet? The time trial is now looking like certain gold for Bradley......as long as he can avoid any injuries on le tour. That's on the Monday after the womens Sunday road race. I wonder how many people will watch the road race on the Sunday compared to the mens event the day before. Not me!

I've just been informed that our London office is now closed until 12th August with he current refurb / olympics

I shall be watching the Olympics and especially Miss Ennis from the comfort of my living room.

Maybe its time to buy a big LED TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    So is anyone feeling any stirrings of interest in the Olympics yet? The time trial is now looking like certain gold for Bradley......as long as he can avoid any injuries on le tour. That's on the Monday after the womens Sunday road race. I wonder how many people will watch the road race on the Sunday compared to the mens event the day before. Not me!
    I should imagine quite a lot of people will watch the women's race, not many will be quite so dismissive of it as you, Sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen J View Post
    I should imagine quite a lot of people will watch the women's race, not many will be quite so dismissive of it as you, Sniper.

Actually thats not very fair Jen....I was extremely interested in Wimbledon, until Maria Sharapova got knocked out! Not much interest in the mens stuff.

A few weeks after its finished and all the complaints and failures come in people down south will suddnely realise what a huge costly white elephant that has been created, the huge waste of resourses etc.

Oh and theres doubt if the bridge on the m4 will be open in time, obviously somebody didnt do a full and proper assesment a few months ago.Perhaps they should have spent some cash on the bridge,instead of gamers lanes and fancy signage, agian its going to have to be paid for by the southerns.

I don't give a sh1t about all that petty bollocks, or the bloody torch, I just wanna see the world's best athletes perform, that's what it's all about. Forget the rest of the hoohaa and hype.
    So what if it's a waste of money, should we give the money to poor struggling single mums or support for crackheads? FFS....

Quote Originally Posted by sadbloke View Post
    Oh and theres doubt if the bridge on the m4 will be open in time, obviously somebody didnt do a full and proper assesment a few months ago.Perhaps they should have spent some cash on the bridge,instead of gamers lanes and fancy signage, agian its going to have to be paid for by the southerns.
    Actually SB, the M4 is maintained by the Highways Agency, a central government organisation which manages all the Highway infrastructure in the UK (or it could just be England?), which is funded by all our taxes.

So if you are PAYE you are paying for it too.