Thread: 21" Gary Fisher Superfly
06-05-12, 17:31 #1
21" Gary Fisher Superfly
FOR SALE: 21" Gary Fisher Superfly
2008 Model, bought by me in the winter of 2008
Raced by me in 2009, this bike won SITS 24hr solo & did a South Downs Double in <20hrs. Used as a spare (never raced) in 2010 & never ridden since.
I promised myself I would never part with this bike, but I am now supported by Santa Cruz, have a Highball, which pretty much is a duplicate of this bike and having not ridden it for >2 years, it is a waste of a great bike; it needs riding again. Can you give it a good home?
I have upgraded a little from the standard spec, which was still a whopping £3200 back in 2008 before prices went through the roof! Pictures are below, and the full build details are:
- Frame: 21" Superfly Carbon
- Fork: Fox F29 RLC 80mm (80mm ravel, lockout and adjustment of both rebound & compression damping)
- Wheels: Bontrager Race X-Lite, run tubless with race X-lite adapter strips
- Tyres: Geax Saguaro 2.2"
- Skewers: Ti spindles with carbon handles
- Chainset: Bontrager Race X-Lite Carbon
- Chainrings: Blackspire Super-Pro double 26T-38T
- Chain: KMC X9-SL (hollow pin, slotted links)
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0 with carbon jockey wheels, fitted with sealed cartridge bearings
- Front Deraileur: XT Top swing
- Gear Cables: Nokon
- Cassette: XTR 11-34 (lighter than X0 with ti sprockets)
- Shifters: SRAM X0 fitted with Avid matchmaker clamps
- Brakes: Avid Juicy Ultimate, upgraded with ti bolts at caliper & lever & ti tri-alight adjuster washers
- Discs: Hope pro floating rotors fitted with 12◊Torz bolts
- Bars: RaceFace Deus flat bar
- Grips: Ergon GX2 Carbon, including carbon bar ends
- Seatpost: Bontrager xXx-lite (all carbon)
- Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT with hollow ti rails
- Stem: Syncros Cattlehead
- Headset: Cane Creek ZeroStack 6
- Bottlecages: 2◊Lezyne CNC cages
As you can see; no corners have been cut when building this bike! The frame is covered with helicopter tape to prevent heel rub, cable rub and to protect from rock strikes in all the exposed areas.
There is one issue to note: One of the seat tube bottle cage bolt mounts spins in the frame, I have overcome this by adding a pair of zefal nylon bottle cage mounts over the bonded in ones, the bike has been like this since the first week I had it and this has proved light and durable, these are shown clearly in the pictures (in my blog link at the top and bottom of this ad) I hope.
I serviced the forks (oil and seals) every 3 months in the year I raced it, and every year after that, just in case, despite very low miles.
I'm not really sure what it's worth, but let's start at £1400 plus delivery (direct bank transfer preferred, but can do paypal, preferably as a gift), feel free to make me an offer, higher or lower, if you have a different number in mind. Delivery will be via ParcelForce, and will be roughly £25, plus insurance of you want it. You're welcome to collect from Brighton, or get it delivered by me to one of several races I'll be attending in the next month or so.
This is the sale of the full bike, it will not be split.
Details, and many more pics, can also be found on my blog
By Mike Nichols 3 in forum ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-11, 15:42
By Bigstocks Electronics in forum RidingReplies: 9Last Post: 30-05-11, 07:11
By Jez Cavill in forum RidingReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-04, 10:39
By jimmy famous in forum RidingReplies: 0Last Post: 31-12-01, 19:38
By john eVANS in forum RidingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-00, 20:18