3/4, Leg or Knee warmers?

For road use; I already have bib longs, just looking for spring / autumn protection.

I was thinking Bib 3/4, then thought why not just but some knee warmers for half the price.

What haven't I thought about that would mean buying full leg warmers or bib 3/4 instead of knee warmers?

I have 3/4 for cool weather when it's gonna stay cool then shorts + knee warmers for days when it starts off cool but warms up once you're out there.

Then again, I'm a cycling heathen.

Have to say that the Endura knee warmers I bought last year have been just about the best bit of cycling apparel I've ever bought.
    Thermolites -

Loves 'em, I do.

Greeners - I'm interested in those. Some reviews mention they are a tad short - do they go "under" lycra shorts where they meet? I appreciate is depends on leg length but IIRC you're as tall as / taller than me (6'0 just under)?

I'd want to wear them with my road bib shorts and no gaps in between. And size? L for the average non-roadie skinny leg?

I love three quarters. However, if money is the question, then bib shorts and knee warmers will be better value in the long run. You can wear the shorts in the summer without knees, and the knee warmers can be worn with any other shorts. It's a more flexible approach

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Greeners - I'm interested in those. Some reviews mention they are a tad short - do they go "under" lycra shorts where they meet? I appreciate is depends on leg length but IIRC you're as tall as / taller than me (6'0 just under)?

I'd want to wear them with my road bib shorts and no gaps in between. And size? L for the average non-roadie skinny leg?
    I've not had a problem with them - L, 6'2", 34" inside leg. Might depend on your lycra shorts - I wear Endura/Altura/Lusso and they've all been OK, no gaps etc.

I'm a 32.5" inside leg so they should be good.

Cheers

I'm not a big fan of 3/4 - I find the fit restrictive and they look a bit silly on me, to be honest. I almost always go for knee warmers instead. Looks a bit more 'pro' as well. Santini's 365 arm and knee warmers are excellent if you want a fleece-lined option - excellent fit and they stay in the right place.

After talking with Karlos I ordered a set of Craft knee warmers - currently on sale at probike fit for 19.80 if anyone's interested.

PSA - As long as you don't mind White, evans are seeling off Castelli Nanoflex for 20.80 with the code SSV12, online only. I wanted black though for MTB use as well.

Cheers for the help.