Online Route Logs

Hi,

just got back into the sport after 6 years out due to work commitments and injury from rugby. Just bought myself a new shinny bike (lapierre x-flow 312) and went for a little spin on it this morning. Unconditioned is certainly and understatement, the ride got cut short as i quickly realised i wasnt as fit as i had persumed. I am looking for an online route log (if the exist) something that plots the route on a map and works out distance/time. I know such website exist for running and hiking, but does anyone know of one that is widely used in the world or cycling/mountain biking?

Cheers

Welcome back Ross. Now, do you mean a website that allows you to plot a route you've ridden back at home? Something like Memory Map or Viewranger I think would help you here, but I don't have experience with such software (more into plotting routes before I ride, if I'm honest)

I want to be able to record/share my rides and training session with friends and colleagues also in the sport. A similar website some of my workmates use for running (weirdos) is called mapmyrun.com it seems to do everything i want but is not specific to MB or cycling. I will also use it as a tool to plan routes/rides.

There's mapmyride, which is run by the same guys behind mapmyrun. Maybe worth a look?

cheers, you'd think id never heard of google before wouldnt you!

ha ha that's cool, no worries

Mapmyrun/ride/walk etc is basically the same site with a diff. front end. I used to use it years ago but found it got annoying when it split into a 'paid for' model and a freebie.

This is my fav now - quick and easy: http://gb.mapometer.com/ . I basically just map my ride/run on it, rather than login, so can't comment on sharing/storing features although I believe it may have those. It's very user friendly though which is what i want. Fast as well which is something I found (again in the past) the mapmyXXX lot to be lacking.

great cheers guys