Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honc

Quote Originally Posted by Alx View Post
    I'm just outside Oxford Tim - about an hour away from Winchcombe. I did 830ft climbing in 9 on/offroad miles this morning, but couldn't clear any steep off-road climbs. On-road climbs were doable but would probably be killers after 40+ miles! I've got a plan now to transfer the cassette and chain from the yeti (which need replacing soon anyway) onto the soda, then I'll just need a shifter and chain guide to go 1x10 which will give me a bit more of a safety net.
    Cheaper to buy the CX tyres and go 32:18 on the road rat

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What's wrong with the Yeti ??
    I serviced it. It now doesn't work.

Red face

Alx you sound like me - and that is why the LBS built my bike for me - coz i is a mechanical spaz!

Banned
    Okayyyyyyy.......... lets go back to basics, did you refit the wheels ??

Wheels were fine. Basically I went to do a shock service but the bolts were seized and I ended up wrecking them getting the shock off. Replacement bolts are only available as a bolt kit which costs 100 . Hopefully have a couple of secondhand bolts coming this week but can't guarantee when.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim - base phase View Post
    Cheaper to buy the CX tyres and go 32:18 on the road rat
    Don't start tempting me again Tim

You can NEVER have enough tyres.

Banned
    Wheels were fine. Basically I went to do a shock service but the bolts were seized and I ended up wrecking them getting the shock off. Replacement bolts are only available as a bolt kit which costs 100 . Hopefully have a couple of secondhand bolts coming this week but can't guarantee when.
    Sounds like bad tool and Yeti didn't grease them so the 2 materials fused together.

Totally not your fault!!

CX bike = NO FUN on the descents, less pain on the climbs ( unless its the rocky fireroads then, hmmm ) but more pain on the descents.

Like Karlos says, you can never have enough tyres, you know it makes sense.
    Think of the spirit of the even as well, you know deep down you don't want to drag full suss around a homage to the Paris Roubaix...

Like Karlos says, you can never have enough tyres, you know it makes sense.
    You can actually, I'm lying, I've just given lots of them away to friends as I couldn't move for tyres in my shed ;)

CX bike = NO FUN on the descents, less pain on the climbs ( unless its the rocky fireroads then, hmmm ) but more pain on the descents.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of fun actually, you just engage competitive gene and grin like an idiot every time you overtake someone on a MTB while pretending it's not hurting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Karlos View Post
    You can actually, I'm lying, I've just given lots of them away to friends as I couldn't move for tyres in my shed ;)
    I give the 1's away I don't plan to ever use again, but still have a selection of 1's I might like given a certain ride requirement.

When I had the RM Element nothing would fit in the rear, these days with the Reba's nothing fits in the front but fine on the rear atleast!!

Banned
    CX bike = NO FUN on the descents, less pain on the climbs ( unless its the rocky fireroads then, hmmm ) but more pain on the descents.
    Plenty of fun actually, you just engage competitive gene and grin like an idiot every time you overtake someone on a MTB while pretending it's not hurting.[/QUOTE]

No competitive gene here, it's all about getting a bit playful and getting a buzz on the descent.

buzz though your arms?

remember to take your place booking email with you on the day or you will not be given entry!

Someone fancy writing a report for BM on the HONC next week? Would love to be there myself (never done this event) but it's a long drive from London

Happy to do so.

Nice one Serge!

Banned
    BHB, mates called it off to ill sadly ( he's 62 and when well QUICK ) he might have someone else lined up if not interested ?? he may want some cash for it be warned he's rich and therefore tight LO

I can ask Friday / Saturday if your interested and meet you there Sunday am with the ticket!!

Might be worth keeping an eye on STW as well, there's been a few entries popping up and being sold fairly quickly over the last week.

So Alx how is the bike situation shaping up?