Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    *Has a quick look around the office* Can't see any.

Now that I don't really work on RCUK these days, and with Richard Hallett leaving as editor, there don't seem to be that many bikes floating about. Otherwise I would offer you one of course

Never mind, t'was worth a try

Just taken delivery of a Lapierre Zesty, though you're probably not interested in that

Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Arthur View Post
    Just taken delivery of a Lapierre Zesty, though you're probably not interested in that
    Oh I've had a go on one of them, they certainly climb better than any other long travel jobby I've ridden.

Did you ride the 2012 model Stephanos? They've made quite a few changes, a one degree slacker head angle and tweaked the suspension too. Will do a first look next week, got quite a backlog of reviews to write up first

Hmmm having just forked out on the Remedy don't think a road bike is on the cards for a while... could slap some slicks on the HT though.

Quote Originally Posted by David Arthur View Post
    I quite liked the one I tested in '08.

I think goals are extremely important - major ones maybe max 2 a year and minor ones inbetween.
    It's also important to recognise that if you are trying to get "race" fit that you can't maintain peak fitness all the time - periodised training is important, don't worry when you are at the early phase of training that you can't replicate times or performances from the previous peak phase...

Been out on your bike yet Nick? If you've dodged Stan flu consider yourself uber-healthy!

As you say, stick some road tyres on the hardtail, lock out the fork and there's your road bike Just not being on knobblies makes a huge difference on't road, which makes riding more rewarding, which makes you more likely to keep doing it.

The opposite of a vicious circle...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnick View Post
    Been out on your bike yet Nick? If you've dodged Stan flu consider yourself uber-healthy!

As you say, stick some road tyres on the hardtail, lock out the fork and there's your road bike Just not being on knobblies makes a huge difference on't road, which makes riding more rewarding, which makes you more likely to keep doing it.

The opposite of a vicious circle...

OldNick - Yes mate went out yesterday and did 20 miles+ hooned local jump spot, and am out on bike again tomorrow / Monday. Avoided Stanflu - though hay fever is not doing me any favours at present - tree pollen gets me this time of year.

Doing better than me then! Working through the weekend to catch up after last weekend

Hoping to do a couple of cheeky hours on the road bike tomorrow before waking the dead with my chopsaw...

*feels guilty*

Guilt is for catholics Stan... good job I am a godless heathen

What you need is a Catholic converter....

LOL ver droll Stan...

Training regime well underway but did stack myself and bike at weekend, Remedy is fine but I am covered in nettle rash due to a sheep avoiding hedge/ditch surfing based incident whilst out on the Marlborough downs.

Used my head for scrubbing off that last bit of speed > probably best if I replace cycling helmet after stacking it? looks ok but better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Demonix; 10-04-12 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
    LOL ver droll Stan...

Training regime well underway but did stack myself and bike at weekend, Remedy is fine ......
    Phew thats a relief then...

Bike was unscathed as it landed on me... Not a mark on it.
    I on the other hand slid through the biggest nettle patch there was, mainly on my head and left side Would definitely say that Bonty Xr3's don't handle well under heavy breaking and don't give a great amount of warning before letting go.. But none of the above would have happened if it wasn't for a solitary randon rogue sheep jumping into my path through a hole in a hedge as I hurtled down some nicely deserted single track. Bastard animal!!