Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ordered some in stock items, 1pm on 26th. Still 'processing' on 28th. This is not the CRC of old? back in the day it would not have been inconceivable to have next day delivery from them. Same price as wiggle too. although unlike Wiggle, the items were actually in stock. I suppose we just need to lower our expectations and pay for next day delivery if we absolutely have to have something by the weekend.

My experience has been good over the past year, but my most recent order, placed Sunday night, was only dispatched this morning, which I did think was a bit slow for CRC. Still, at least it should be here for the weekend.

On another note, I ordered some lock-on grips from them, which had a grub screw missing from one of the locking bits, so I emailed them to ask them to send me a replacement screw. I got an email back the very next day (even though I'd emailed them late on a Friday night) saying that it'd be posted to me straight away. Today a whole new set of grips arrived, so I'd say that was pretty darn good service, even though it took a few days to come.

Also, they seem to be good at processing returns pretty quickly as well, which I'd imagine is no mean feat for such a large operation as theirs. With their new free returns service, there's little for me to complain about.

As for the large boxes - I recently ordered two copper olives for my Shimano disc brakes, because I wanted to shorten the hoses. They came in CRC's standard "small box", which IIRC is roughly in the region of 40 x 20 x 12cms! I understand why they do it, but it seems odd, because they do occasionally use jiffy bags, like for my grips today, for example.

Still processing!

My order arrived this morning, so although it took them a few days to get it out, it did at least arrive next day once they got it posted. Also got some free samples of energy stuff. Mmm, new cranks...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnick View Post
    Feels like a change of management to me, lots of investment recently
    New ERP system apparently causing headaches.

ordered in stock item from CRC on 26th March, STILL PROCESSING 30th March. Thats not very good!
    orderd in stock item from Wiggle on 28th March, on my desk on 30th March.
    of both CRC and Wiggle have same item at the same price I wonder where i will be ordering from in future?

Ordered a Tacx turbo trainer over the weekend from bike-discount.com in Germany, arrived this morning 110 delivered.

That's 25 cheaper than CR, and it is here already.

My order from CRC did eventually arrive. Some new 661 knee pads. not entirely sure i prefer them to my old Kyle Straits, that i managed to rip up nicely in a fall at Glentress. But thats not CRC's fault.

i ordered some new rotors from Wiggle last tuesday afternoon, processed and dispatched on wednesday, sat on my desk thursday. Thats on the free postage too. Wiggle will be my favoured mailorder port of call from henceforth.
    Last edited by fCool; 19-04-12 at 15:32.

Finally received my crc order today. Ordered Tuesday last week arrived Thursday this week - all 'in stock' items. Truly different from the crc of old. Wiggle is also where my money's going now.

Ordered Tuesday last week. Complained verbally yesterday, got told one item was in a different warehouse therefore causing the delay. No worries, they'll remove the offending item, give me a 5 voucher to buy a new item whilst honouring the discount price of the removed one (a 50% off Stem at 29.99), and send the balance of my order items in last nights post.

24 hours later, not a single delivery, email or phone call, and my order is still "processing".

:-/

Its arrived! 2 weeks that took.

Although the replacement Stem I ordered yesterday was dispatched at 3pm. Two different services levels in 2 weeks.....

Noah's Ark, I ordered some Spesh Bar Phat on Monday with free P&P, it arrived today. It can be done, and they were dirt cheap too (12.99)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Its arrived! 2 weeks that took.

Although the replacement Stem I ordered yesterday was dispatched at 3pm. Two different services levels in 2 weeks.....
    I take it back -It's gone back to "processing" and now (on day 5) a phone call reveals it was actually out of stock. No apology, no informative email, just its out of stock, but should be available this weekend. Btw the website still shows it's in stock.

I won't be using CRC for a bit.

Ordered some running shoes on wednesday, processed wednesday, dispatched thursday, arrived on my desk today. Another first class result from Wiggle and their free postage. I also got 15 off in addition to my normal discount as they have a extra voucher if you spend over 100 at the moment.

CRC are back on track. Made a few orders over the last week or so and they've all arrived in reasonable time.

Keep it quiet, though. If everyone realises it was a just a glitch and there was no need to slag them off or jump ship it may result in desired items being out of stock... : )

Fuck CRC, their security is sh1te.

Ive used them recently and they were good.

Tredz on the other hand a w@nk! 3 times Ive ordered from them and three times their items have been "in stock" but not really, noooooo thats to make you order.

Wankers

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Karlos View Post
    Fuck CRC, their security is sh1te.
    Care to elaborate? Obviously I don't want to get fcuked...

Not really, that sentence says it for me, had my card not to mention life details swiped when using them. Could happen anywhere to be fair, but I won't use them anymore. Besides I'm well in with a couple of LBSs these days where I get good discount.

I take it that was when a fair few had their details 'stolen'.

LBS is okay and I order some parts from them but I doubt they'd be able to match all the price-cuts CRC have.