Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dan : / View Post
    you can't get much quieter than the gambia. We went there for honeymoon and it was certainly an um.. Eye opener.

There are some amazing (but very remote) hotels too, if you want to stay on-site for a week or two and not see the real country.

A fascinating place, but not for everyone. Oh and it helps if you quite like powerlinks.
    ftfy .

I don't know what ftfy means Stan :-S

Quote Originally Posted by Dan : / View Post
    I don't know what ftfy means Stan :-S
    fixed that for you.

Look at what I quoted, carefully....

Urk, I didn't even notice!

Banned
    Tenerife booked up, but not until October Bus to 2500metres on mount Tedi then various routes to ride down.

Finally officially resigned to the fact they'll be no sunny foreign climes for us this year. the cost of moving / kid no 2 has put paid to that.

Instead we shall have a week here and there to visit places where I shall mostly be driving and lugging round various bits of child/woman kit on account of 'er indoors condition. I shall of course demand a beer or two after jnr's in bed to relax from my my er, holiday time :-/

So congratulations are in order re impending fatherhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Finally officially resigned to the fact they'll be no sunny foreign climes for us this year. the cost of moving / kid no 2 has put paid to that.

Instead we shall have a week here and there to visit places where I shall mostly be driving and lugging round various bits of child/woman kit on account of 'er indoors condition. I shall of course demand a beer or two after jnr's in bed to relax from my my er, holiday time :-/
    This sort of thing must be endemic, down South. Shed loads of whining, whinging Southerns on "staycation" (spits) in t'Lakes. Of course it's raining/snowing/cold, it's the fcuking North!!!! The X6 is in danger of being toppled as my "fcuking pointless knob vehicle" by the Land Rover (Ev)Coque........Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhh! Don't get me started......

No need to be bitter.

... And thanks Jen.

Good luck with all that Stan....sounds like you've got some interesting times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenville View Post
    This sort of thing must be endemic, down South. Shed loads of whining, whinging Southerns on "staycation" (spits) in t'Lakes. Of course it's raining/snowing/cold, it's the fcuking North!!!! The X6 is in danger of being toppled as my "fcuking pointless knob vehicle" by the Land Rover (Ev)Coque........Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhh! Don't get me started......
    Calm down LG you sound like the grumpy one from Last of the summer wine!

Just spotted Rocky II on ITV 2.......back of the net!

Senior Member Goaty-Death Facilitator.....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Finally officially resigned to the fact they'll be no sunny foreign climes for us this year. the cost of moving / kid no 2 has put paid to that.Instead we shall have a week here and there to visit places where I shall mostly be driving and lugging round various bits of child/woman kit on account of 'er indoors condition. I shall of course demand a beer or two after jnr's in bed to relax from my my er, holiday time :-/
    I said you could have come with me. The weather is nice and still to get warmer. You're missing out on a real treat you know.....

Thanks Goaty, I appreciate the effort and could be semi-qualified even - I passed the entry for REME at 16 and designed a er, secret weapons system training thingy.

Mind you dust kicks off my hayfever and I don't like flying.

Just booked two weeks in Iceland - hopefully Sunny, def foreign, no-one said it had to be warm, and after my recent Southerly execursion quite sick of the damned heat my good fellows I do say!

If you're quick LG you can be first in the queue for the new Victoria Beckham designed Evoque. Its got all sorts of 'designer' touches that will obviously appeal to you!

You should try living in Devon...your rant would seem like the upbeat cheeriness of a friendly parish vicar compared to my grumpiness in the middle of the grockle invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    You should try living in Devon...your rant would seem like the upbeat cheeriness of a friendly parish vicar compared to my grumpiness in the middle of the grockle invasion.
    Indeed. When I went to Newquay 2 years ago I may as well have been in Eastbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by BHB 10.6.6 View Post
    Er, but aren't you a "grockle"?