Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Day Today

They did mention a pot.  At one point they were gonna do it today to get me home but i had been there for hours by then and said i would manage with the crutches.I have been told not to hold my breath for an op.  So what happens then, i have a wobbly leg for months?

Depends on your Quad muscles and how good they are at holding your knee in place.I'd certainly look at physio right from the start if it is a partial tear, sound like it could be, and knee compression with a decent knee brace will help. Book into a sports physio straight away if I was you.Mine was a bit more serious as I totaly detached the ACL from the top of my Tibia and my medial was wragged in half as well. They can do some rapairs using hamstring. they peel a bit off and poke it through your knee to use a living bit of tissue. Good luck tomorrow and ask a load of questions as to what excactly theu are going to do.

The guy who examined me said it was deffo snapped as "he could see the end of the ligament floating in the fluid".  That doesnt sound like a partial tear to me.  Said i would have an MRI tomorrow

www.sportsinjuryclinic.net This seems very informative, good luck with your recovery

The Littlest Hobo wrote (see)The guy who examined me said it was deffo snapped as "he could see the end of the ligament floating in the fluid".  That doesnt sound like a partial tear to me.  Said i would have an MRI tomorrowWell its a repair job then, good luck.

With the impending NHS reforms (read cut backs) good luck.  Find the best physio you can post op, and don't worry about blood clots.

yay its not the cruciate. i have rupturd the patella tendon.  laid in hospital bed as i type waiting for op later.  its good news

That is good news.  You'll probably have to give up the footie though or be a modern day Paul McGrath!

Good news Hobo, lucky your patella didnt end up near your bollox.6 weeks in a pot or a protective brace though dont crutch everywhere is my advice take it easy, or youll fcuk your shoulders up.

l asked if the fact i have tendonitis in both patellas (both knees) meant it waslikely to happen again. he  said if the tndon isin bad shape to begin with then of course its more likely.  so my two dodgy knees have finised my footyy.  igot 18 mths of fun out of them

they are waiting for some special strips. seemngly they stich the tendon back on and help it with thisstrip.  looking at 48hrs immobile with a pot then i can start movement.  this strp/band is like a helper tendon.

Best wishes for the recovery.

You'll be going for your usual 70mile jog later though right? I mean, it's not like you're gay now or anything is it?

Ah the wonders of modern science. You'd have been shot a few years ago Cant stress though the need to get som physio early, NHS will probabley put you on a 6 week waiting list. Benefit of 3 months in a pot for me was I went straight into physio, pool work with an attractive young lady in the pool with you.

operation at 2pm. wish me luck

Good luck mate....

Good luck, fella.....you'll be needing a new jacket, then.

Good luck with the op! Glad to hear it's not as bad as you thought.

Best of luck Hobo!