Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    After looking on the internet for Dave Hinde's new website I was fairly shocked to see some of the negative comments that have been posted on this forum in the past.  It appears to me that people generally only post comments when they have had a bad service so I thought I should try and balance things out a little.I've been using Dave Hinde since moving to Cheshire about 6 years ago and can honestly say that I have never had such good service from any other shop. I've had 4 new bikes from him inlcuding winter trainers and time trial bikes. The quality of the bikes and value for money is superb and the after care is quite unlike any other out there. If I ever have any niggling problems, Dave happily makes me a brew and shoots the breeze for 10 or 20 minutes whilst his grease monkey sorts things out, and unless parts need replacing this is generally done for free.  The lads in the shop are down to earth too and have a sense of humour, unlike many bike shop sales people who tend to have an enormous chip on their shoulder and an attitude problem because they used to be a slightly better than average rider.  I'm sure everyone has complaints about certain shops they've used in the past, as indeed I have, but I'd like to think I have little bit more class than to start ranting about it on an internet forum. Get a life geeks!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dave-hinde-wheels-any-goodhttp://www.roadcyclinguk.com/forum/forummessages.asp?UTN=107337&dt=4&URN=5&am p;srchdte=0&cp=4&v=8&sp=33276369812133 2515286http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12553172&postdays=0&postor der=asc&start=60&sid=b689abbaba0abfecff42a 7a90c14b31clinks not working under FF - you'll notice they are different websites. I could go on, google Dave Hinde complaints and see then again (Nick/Dave) maybe he's your uncle or something ..... I'm sure everyone has complaints about certain shops they've used in the past, as indeed I have, but I'd like to think I have little bit more class than to start ranting about it on an internet forum. Get a life geeks!You are a t*at aren't you ? His service was known as s**e so others were warned. Hardly makes them geeks does it. Go away now, there's a good lad ... Nick/Dave whatever ....

I wonder what DH's ebay name is these days?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-this-dave-hinde-fastpartsforbikeshttp://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=fastpartsfo rbikes&ftab=AllFeedbackFeedback not that  bad considering who it is, but his ebay side was always meant to be better than the inhouse for some inexplicable reason.Still wouldn't risk it myself.

I suppose I should thank Nick/Dave for giving the DH victims a thread to vent their frustration, I'm sure Dave 'the liar' Hinde will be grateful too. Cheers chap.

Gav. wrote (see)http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-this-dave-hinde-fastpartsforbikeshttp://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=fastpartsfo rbikes&ftab=AllFeedbackFeedback not that  bad considering who it is, but his ebay side was always meant to be better than the inhouse for some inexplicable reason.Still wouldn't risk it myself. He changes the ebay name when the feedback gets bad, he has been 'numberonebikebits' (or similar) before now.

First forum post and it's about Dave Hinde. Close the door on the way out there's a good chap Nick or Dave or whatever your real name is.

Nick Riding wrote (see)After looking on the internet for Dave Hinde's new website I was fairly shocked to see some of the negative comments that have been posted on this forum in the past.  It appears to me that people generally only post comments when they have had a bad service so I thought I should try and balance things out a little.I've been working for Dave Hinde since moving to Cheshire about 6 years ago and can honestly say that I have never had such abuse from any other employer. I've had 4 new bikes from him inlcuding winter trainers and time trial bikes- all in lieu of wages. The quality of the bikes and value for money is superb (he tells me) and the after care is quite unlike any other out there as I do it myself - in my lunch hour & I only have to pay a small charge for using workshop tools.If I ever have any niggling problems, Dave happily makes me make a brew and shoots the BB gun at me for 10 or 20 minutes whilst his grease monkey sorts his ammo out, and unless gun parts need replacing this is generally done for the price of a box of bb's.  The lads in the shop are down to earth too and have a sense of humour, well they usually laugh when I'm being shot at.  I'm sure everyone has complaints about certain shops they've used in the past, as indeed I have, but I'd like to think that these do not hav the same bad record with Trading Standards as this one. Get me a life please!That's better.

Brilliant. That's so much better than rudely telling folk to go and fcuk themselves...

LOL @ Nobby, very good.

No doubt Harold Shipman once sorted you out with some painkillers too, and you thought he was awfully kind for doing so.

I four won will  be using Daves website for all my futere purrchazis

Nick Riding wrote (see)...inlcuding winter trainers and time trial bikes.TBH I have heard before  that Mr. Hinde does give reasonable service to roadie enthusiats.It's just everyone else he treats with utter contempt.

Another DH thread? Good grief, will they never learn?

Obviously not, there are too many people who have been on the receiving end of his quite awful treatment for him to ever get away with such a blatant piece of spamming, he would stand a better chance starting a land war in China.

The Pinkster wrote (see)Nick Riding wrote (see)...inlcuding winter trainers and time trial bikes.TBH I have heard before  that Mr. Hinde does give reasonable service to roadie enthusiats.It's just everyone else he treats with utter contempt.Does that mean he says 'please' when he tells 'em to fuck off?

LOL. Probably.

I have to agree with Nicks original post.  Dave Hinde is my local bike shop and since taking up cycling again several years ago I've bought two bikes (a winter bike and a road bike) from him.  They've been great!I find Dave (and the guys in the shop) very helpful.If I ever need someone to tinker with my bike, replace a spoke or true a wheel it's often done while I wait and I get a cup of coffee to boot!As well as finding Daves bikes of a very good quality and his staff helpful I also find his prices very competitive.

Funny how all the people bigging up Dave have one forum post to their name.

And 'locals'.Perhaps it should be left as a local shop for local people?