So my daughter is nearly 2, I'm a full time student again and have only just managed to start riding again. I know it seems strange but I feel bad when I go out or do something and leave her. She's a good kid and up until the End of April I worked three days a week and spent the rest with her, but now that I'm a student full time I feel bad for having a social life and I don't feel as if I spend enough time with her. Are any of you mums to young ones wo still frequently ride? I put this specifically here because men don't seem to have the same attachment to their kids (unless I guess they are stay at home dads and I don't know men of them)

Hi Sinead - don't think there's many girls on here!  I'm not the best person to advise either, my kids are in their twenties. I don't see why you shouldn't have a little "me" time to go off and ride,it'll do you good I'm sure

Over this side of the Channel young mothers tend to put their children quite early into 'Kindergartens' while they go back to full time work. Some before the child's first birthday and it doesn't seem to be that detrimental to the child's development.

Forgot to say, try asking over on www.shecyles.net.

Sean got put in a baby seat on the back of a tandem and lived there till he could pedal on the back of a kiddiback tandem. At five months he did his first cyclosportive, was taken cycle-camping at six months and did the semaine fédérale (over 700km) at seven months. This year he rode the mountain bike semaine fédérale on his own (well with about 40 other kids in fact) for the first time at 12.

yes I do ride with B on the back, or I did but nothing like I'm used to so the cycling seems quite bland now, however for the first time in a while she enjoyed being in the trailer today (some trails i can't get through the gaps on so Im limited what i can ride. I'm looking into getting a seat to free up some more options, but i just find it really difficult to fit everything in, but I guess if I'm doing it with Bryony then I shouldn't feel guilty.How you doing JG?

I'm fine thanks. A good summer away and now back in paradise. Time to get on with the DIY. :-/Back at school eh. Remind me, psychology, thinking of joining the feds then a baby and now studying for? Something compatible with being a proper mum I guess. The more I did with Sean the happier we both were. He seemed happy whether it was being taken swimming or to see the bank manager, accountant or anyone else. He went to a nanny for a couple of days a week as it was almost free and gave us both a break. Best accept that you can't fit everything in and work out what no-one will notice not being done.

Actually my three were all passengers in our Chariot trailer in their early years. It was all good training for me, gave their mother a few hours free, and send them off to sleep as soon as the wheels started rolling.

Glad to hear you're well John. I do loads with B baby sign language, swimming, cycling, library visits, soft play areas, the park and loads of others inc messy art play at home. But with having B in or attached to the bike I can't do the trails I want and don't feel like i can leave her at home on the weekends now i'm full time. Half way through the teacher training, finish March I figure if i work at her school I get time to spend with her as well as the holidays (she prob won't like it though). To be honest I wasn't prepared when I got pregnant to fall head over heels completely in love with her, she really is my world, I thought I would be so happy to get back to work full time when she was about 6months. I guess i need to accept that I can't fit it all in. Maytbe she'll be happier in the seat alrthough today has really pleased me, it's good to see she has her confidence back. We'll try Cannock tomorrow and see what she thinks. We went to Le Crotoy camping last year, but couldn't afford to go back to France this year so we went to Cornwall with the Inlaws. (Paul said hi too) daft punk, I wish I had seen the chariots when I was pregnant - I definately would have bought one. My other half loves them. 

daft punk, I wish I had seen the chariots when I was pregnant - I definately would have bought one. My other half loves them.  What's stopping you getting one then? (Apart from the cost obviously if you are a poor student!) You would still have two years of use out of it and then you could flog it on or keep it for Sinead mkII.

Daftpunk, yes but they are ridiculously expensive, and my daughter is already 3ft so I doubt she would realy get much use out of it (She's in 3-4yr old clothes because she is so big) Plus we do have a decentish trailer which cost £35 and was only used twice - was meant to be £200 odd I think, it's a cleveland jobby, not sure how good they are supposed to be but it does the job for us. I am looking to get a seat for the back until I get one of those clamps with a kids bike on it. We're currently teaching her to pedal on her trike and I think she'll have a bike for christmas. So at £600 I don't think I'd get much use out of it.