PDA

View Full Version : Kilimanjaro ego-trip

Milton the Sausage
10-03-09, 12:21
"It's brilliant to be back - we spent the week in hell," Moyles said. Oh fuck off ya fat cunt.

Stephanos Wephanos
10-03-09, 12:23
I hope they eat each other...

Mister Bump
10-03-09, 12:23
Wouldn't it have been a tragic loss if he had died on the trip?  At least the other participants could have eaten himOh is Jade dead yet?

Dan : /
10-03-09, 12:25
Indeed, must be tricky with such a mahooosive support team carrying all your gear too...numptiesThey should spend 36 hrs in Northumberland in a water-filled trench using an SA80 as a pillow.. man's stuff!!*not affected in anyway whatsoever by time in Army Cadets*

Nobby
10-03-09, 12:27
I heard Cheryl Cole had to have something stuck in her backside to combat altitude sickness.  I'm guessing that won't be on the broadcast footage?

10-03-09, 12:29
I'm guessing that won't be on the broadcast footage?Oh I dunno; similar things on the Internet I'm sure.....so I've heard.... um..

Nobby
10-03-09, 12:31
Still off sick then Dan? 

10-03-09, 12:33
Aye, can you tell? Got severe stomach pains - can't see a doctor until tommorow - I reckon it's an ulcer.. feckin stress, feckin job :'(

Mister Bump
10-03-09, 12:33
I would stick something in her backside.  My hob nail boot

tekk
10-03-09, 12:38
Would you mind waiting til after I've used my johnson? Ta.

Nobby
10-03-09, 12:38
Dan : / wrote (see)Aye, can you tell? Got severe stomach pains - can't see a doctor until tommorow - I reckon it's an ulcer.. feckin stress, feckin job :'(At your age?  Hope it's not but would suggest the hottest curry you can take plus a few pints of guiness - that should flush you through.

Mister Bump
10-03-09, 12:41
tekk wrote (see)Would you mind waiting til after I've used my johnson? Ta.

Montgomery Wick
10-03-09, 12:43
There are lots of ethical problems associated with that kind of charity challenge, but anyone who says it's easy going to that altitude in one week doesn't know what they're talking about.

tekk
10-03-09, 12:51
You're right, it takes years of sycophancy and googling your own name just to reach celebrity ego base camp.

10-03-09, 12:52
I'm sure it's not easy going - highest I've even been was 12000 feet and that was f00kin tough going :-/It's more their "holier than thou" attitude which annoys me a little...

The crazy world of Monkey Space Pilot
10-03-09, 13:01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7773014.stm

BHB 10.6.6
10-03-09, 13:01
I'm with MW on this, I can't listen to Radio1 whilst they plug the entire thing senseless but they made over £1.5million for charity and a bunch of unfit, untrained people "climbed" Kilamanjaro (where even fit marines have failed).I won't detract from what I've done but the nature in which it's being hailed as a grand achievement is a little tiresome. As for cheryl cole, I think she's rather cute.oh and Dan :/ gutted about your stomach, hope it's not an ulcer.

tekk
10-03-09, 13:06
Is there something wrong with google today? I put in "I hate chris moyles" (with the quotes) and there are only 1650 unique pages. Maybe they've lost a load of hard drives? Weird

Montgomery Wick
10-03-09, 13:11
I'm isolated from the circus, just heard about it at third hand. I don't like the armchair critics who scoff at, for example, people paying to get to the top of Everest. It's not my cup of tea, and I don't approve of the ethics, but I don't have the right to scoff about something so bloody hard (and altitude IS hard, no matter how much help you get). I have much more respect for Moyles doing this than I do for someone who cons his mates and family into paying for a week's 400 mile cycling holiday because it's a 'challenge'.

Shirley Crabtree
10-03-09, 13:15
Fair play to all of them for doing itall the holier than thou and bigging themselves up is to be expected when you want maximum publicity for your event to raise more money.What exactly would be the point of not publicising the climb and making less money for charity.I think you'll find your tv and radio have an off button, why not use it

Stephanos Wephanos
10-03-09, 13:16
Fair point, but it doesn't excuse the fact that most of this is a PR exercise/self publicity.

Derek Hunter
10-03-09, 15:53
I totally agree with the thread title. It's just a great fat ego-trip. If they want to do charidee work why don't they spend six months mopping floors in an Albanian orphanage FFS. If they couldn't be arsed to actually do something useful they could at least have put their hands in their pockets and handed over some of their own cash.This "charity work by proxy" is pure bollocks.

10-03-09, 15:55
It also crossed my mind just how much did the whole exercise cost in relation to the amount raised?

10-03-09, 15:55
(they got a private jet back to UK, for example..)

Dirty Karlos
10-03-09, 17:34
Haven't read the thread but I hope they all die.

Steve Groves
10-03-09, 17:54
I was also wondering exactly how much the whole trip cost compared to how much they have raised. Travel out there and back for the 'celebs' and a whole team following them. Must have cost a fortune knowing the BBC. Assume the £1.5m is the figure raised in total, not after costs? The 8 (was it 8?) celebs could have forked out less than £200k each and saved all the bother. Most of them could afford it.Still difficult to climb to that altitude though but i also agree with those that think celebs who do this kind of charity do it more for the publicity it generates for themselves in the long run rather than the charity itself. Moyles gets £600k+ a year for chatting on the radio for an hour a morning (most of the show ir music after all) so he could have stayed at home and bunged the kiddies £50k instead.It's like Live 8, all the bands wanted was global exposure to a huge audience of potential future record buyers.Amazed that cock Bono didn't appear somewhere up the mountain.

Sadbloke, missing for a while
10-03-09, 18:10
Dont forget that two cyclists reached the top of kilamajaro back in 1988 or around that time, they had minimal sponsorship, and rode Saracen bikes. 

Droppin-Neutron
10-03-09, 18:11
Agreed - Bono is a cock

Gav.
10-03-09, 18:28
Mixed feelings about this.  Forces mate who did who really is fit as f**k said it was one of the hardest things he's done. More impressed with CC than Fat Boy Moyles in a way - where's the fat stores coming from, as appetite generally diminishes with altitude. However, will this start a wealth of others attempting to climb it for charidee ?Good : that they'll get fit, less of a burden to the NHS in later life(possibly), 'some' money to the local economy. Bad: More erosion, maybe crap left on the mountain (again possibly), but risks to people's health when they are simply not in shape to do it. The speedier the ascent (a week is pretty fast from a few accounts) the more chances of altitude sickness etc Plus will they start wandering up peaks in Cumbria/Scotland, probably totally unprepared for being in the mountains with little/no experience causing local MRT call outs.

Ti29er
10-03-09, 18:36
I have very mixed views on this.On the one hand, having walked Kili (not bloody climbed) myself & found it the proverbial walk in the park and trekked it from the NW Approach (closed from time to time as it's killed people), and insisted on  carrying my own tent, cooking gear, sleeping bag, clothes etc etc (25lbs) I think it's such utter, utter bo$$ocks.On the other hand. The money they have raised. Fantastic. Bloody. Tastic.Just avoid listening to Radio 1 on Wednesday morning when Moyles is back in his chair.Timps- there's no erosion - it's God knows how many years old volcanic rock and bugger all else!

tekk
10-03-09, 18:54
Now I see Moyles has got a show on CH4! ****ing "Quiz Night"....groundbreaking. YOU ******** ****, ****, ********, ******* ***** ** *****. PLEASE JUST **** THE  **** OFF!phewsorry 

Mr.Wilson
10-03-09, 19:30
What Tekk just said.

10-03-09, 20:50
Just think how much money could have been raised, if they had a sponsored a slow painful death for moyles.

Mr.Wilson
10-03-09, 21:01
I'd toss in £50 for that!

Derek Hunter
10-03-09, 22:01
Me too. That's £100 already.

10-03-09, 22:27
Whos this Moyles you speak of, some bloke who plays records on a radio station, and is generally sexist and obnoxious to all, and also looks like the fat one off neighbours. A sing song round the camp fire must have been good with ronan keetiing, and gary barlow and the scouse tart off some has been pop group.

Ti29er
10-03-09, 23:39
'Cept there's no wood on Kili above about 6ft from the base to make a fire. It's very old, black / charcoal coloured rock and nothing else. It's a Boring walk. Even when I was there, I said you could do it in 24hrs, from the bottom and back inside one day's walking - as long as you were acclimatised.Best to burn well-meaning boys scouts and all the other do-gooders who flock to the mountain to raise money for charities. You can spot them a mile off, from their brand new Gore-Tex gear (both tops and trews), boots, sodding walking poles (Ahhrrr!) and rucksack which the porter is now carrying. It's cost the average walker maybe £1k to raise £? for his / her charity.As I say, it's a walk in the park, nothing to recommend its self - although the views at night on the NW Approach are stunning and the fact that there's a glacier on top is very neat. Better to trek up Mt Kenya. Now that's a real mountain for real adventures.Tim

Allan Hann 2
10-03-09, 23:40
Sorry to barge in late here but in the spirit of moyes et al can I just say that a few years ago I did spend a few weeks mopping floors in an albanian orphanage and very rewarding it was too..Actually we spent most of the time painting the kids rooms, tidying up and playing football with the kids and against some of the local teams.... most memorable three weeks I've ever had...

Mr.Wilson
11-03-09, 00:38
Now THAT is Charity work Allan.

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 03:20
Undeniably - but wouldn't it have been better if Allan paid an unemployed local to do it, killing two birds with one stone (Albania has an horrific unemployment rate, with all the social problems that go with it)? Of course, Allan wouldn't have then had his rosy glow. Will doing up an orphanage achieve more good than the millions the Kili celebs will undoubtedly raise for charity (all ethical grey areas put to one side for a moment)?Not having a go, merely pointing out the pitfalls and ambiguities of the whole charity thing.

Ti29er
11-03-09, 06:41
How many more will sit at home over the next few days and muse, "Well if an obese slob like Moyles can do it, then so can I".Places for the 2011 trekking season are now going fast, so book soon! I'll stick to charity bike rides, more fun, less column inches I grant you, and nor will it rise much interest world-wide, nor raise over the £million, nor will it be a life-affirming event for me or those around me.And Moyles: "I never want to see another mountain, ever again!" That's how much he'll have gained personally from this epic TV adventure, which disappoints in spades. I'll still pay up & add funds to the charity; but I just won't listen to R1 for a few weeks until the egos have settled down.Tim

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 06:54
But the mountain's already been sacrificed to the charidee challengers, most of whom only raise a couple of hundred quid towards their chosen charity, rather than the much larger sum that Moyles et al will inevitably raise.If your bike charity rides raise less money and give the chosen charity issue less publicity, how are you better than Moyles (aside from feeling justified in passing smug judgements)?

Dalesman
11-03-09, 07:51
Quite on here this morning

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 08:56
but wouldn't it have been better if Allan paid an unemployed local to do itThe short answer is - No.The longer answer starts with a question: Just how would he do that? Allan could of course send some money to the "Painting Albanian Orphanges" charity. Exactly how much of his money would go to  the 'unemployed' local and exactly how much painting would get done is entirely open to speculation.Now that Allan has actually been to Albania and seen the orphanage he is in a far better position to evaluate how any money he cares to send in that direction might be spent. Who knows, he might even have struck up a relationship with an 'unemployed local' and be paying him to paint rooms at this very moment.Well done Allan. IIRC you didn't much care for Albania did you Monty?

Trevor Olling
11-03-09, 08:58
Quite Quiet. Yes.

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 09:13
You RIC. I've never been to Albania so have no strong feelings either way. I read newspapers, though.How did Allan get to Albania in the first place? Possibly by paying to go on a working charity holiday, a one-off where the profits are skimmed off by the people organising it. And how did Allan first hear of this charity? Forgive my cynicism. If I'm wildly off bat, I apologise.I prefer to give to a couple of carefully selected charities, in which I freely admit a personal interest based on my own experiences, via direct debit - a steady source of tax deductible (for the charities) income that allows them to forward plan. There's no payback for me personally, and I can't brag about it on the internet, but the work gets done. Not sexy, though.

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 09:34
Oops - sorry. I thought you'd cycled through Albania. Must have been someone else.I take your point about carefully selected charities, I do the same thing. But... supposing Allan did pay to go on a 'working charity holiday' - so what?Would it have been better if he paid to sit on a Spanish beach?Allan pays to go 'on holiday'. He has a holiday, and some orpahans get their rooms painted.I pay to go on holiday. I have a holiday and a Welsh B&B makes some money.Which scenario serves the greater good?

Mr.Wilson
11-03-09, 09:34
Talking of how much money Charities use to help people - I used to work for the YHA and Oxfam were one of our contract customers. They shipped a bunch of higher up types (the sort who've never seen the inside of one of their own shops) out to Africa (this was back in 1996 so pick your war zone, I can't remember) and during their kitting out trip (4 people came to over £28k by the way) I was told that it's "about 20p in the £1" that actually makes it through to Charity work.I'll certainly not support Oxfam again.One of the best seems to be Unicef. I was part of a Charity group for a previous employer who organised an event every year (10 workers went off for a month to help build a school etc, never publicised). According to the figures we got from them it in the region of 92p in the £1 that goes directly to the recipients.It's also shocking how little money it takes to build and staff a Ukrainian orphanage, but that's probably best reserved for another topic.I don't have a problem with people who hold down a job and sign up to do work for a charity through a Company that organises it. Yes, the money will probably pass through many hands on it's way to the intended recipient but not everyone has the time to investigate setting up a work trip or looking at where the money would be best used. If by doing it through a Group and paying for the opportunity they can do some good then fair play and more power to them.Moyles & Company just get on my tits with their 'oh we suffered so so much' (with their support crew, medics and medivac if required no dount), and 'aren't we brave and benevolent' while still claiming their fat cheques for being nothing but 'celebs'.God I rattle on. Sorry.

Mustrum Ridcully - Kicking Against The Pricks
11-03-09, 09:42
I was hoping thas someone in that party would have had the sense to arrange things so that Fat Boy Moyles was left up there.

Dalesman
11-03-09, 09:46
aws ?

Mustrum Ridcully - Kicking Against The Pricks
11-03-09, 09:47
was

Dalesman
11-03-09, 09:47

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 09:50
But... supposing Allan did pay to go on a 'working charity holiday' - so what?No problem at all - until people like Allan (he was in the wrong place at the wrong time) start slagging off Moyles et al for doing the same, but on a bigger (and thus more financially rewarding for the charities) scale. I detest Moyles and all he stands for, but I don't like the hypocrisy being displayed here.I know people who work for various NGOs, and saying Oxfam use 20% of their donations is considered something of an overestimate.There's no black and white, and you need to consider the pros and cons objectively.

JohnG
11-03-09, 09:51
Guess which charity I won't be supporting while one particularly odious celeb is associated with it?Charities that put people on the ground helping people who can't help themselves gain my sympathy (and well done Allan). Those where the money lines personal pockets and ends up in corporate profits don't. Big pharma already makes enough money from poisoning the population with a pile of drugs they don't need without charities giving them more money to do "research". Edit:  Whoooosh

Dalesman
11-03-09, 09:54
Putting it all in perspective, I guess the cost of it [the event and the prgramme and all the associated cost] they will probably get less in donations.Its a bit like all those charity rides you see advertised where yo have to raise £2000 to go on them before you start giving the balance to the charity.FFS just give the £2000 to charity

The Littlest Hobo
11-03-09, 09:57
One of my neighbours has been banging on about walking up Kilimanjaro for the last 12mths.  She was probably in the chris moyles mold so tbh i didnt pay much attention.  Thinking about it, she has been away for a few weeks now (Teenage sons have had loud music on and girls in & out).  I await the stories of Moyles & co......Dont agree with raising money on the back of 'holidays' regardless of their effort.  I have pretty poor opinions of charity though so maybe my views are tainted.  Money raised for foreign charity is pissing money up against a wall imo.

Baron von Grinder(Wright whinger)
11-03-09, 10:13
This charity money raising thing is a bit of a sore point with me. Publicity will without a doubt raise the charities profile however the people who advertise their efforts to do this seem to be accused of being on an ego trip!If they were to admit that it wasnt hard then people would be less impressed and less likely to donate. Let them blow hot air out their own arses as long as it generates charity.How do you win?Ive tried raising money for a select charity for almost a year now. initially the most dignified way I could think of doing it was via collection tins but this has raised a pathetic amount over a very long time. Presenting a charity with a cheque for  £58 after having the tins out for over 6 months is pretty down heartening.Ive done a few charity events and collected from friends family and associates. Great but when you plan to do more the same people are less likely to dig as deep the second time round.Now, Im going to do another charity event in September but this time round Im going to involve everyone I can via the internet. Friends, Facebook Beebo, Bikemagic. Infact I might even join other forums just for the publicity. It will be interesting to see what criticisim and cynisism I attract.

Stephanos Wephanos
11-03-09, 10:18
Remember Magic Moo?  Didn't she set something up on this forum and do quite well doing it to? 

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 10:22
Money raised for foreign charity is pissing money up against a wall imo.But it isn't. Example: paying for mosquito nets to be distributed to families in countries like Cambodia. Result: malarial fatalities and disability massively reduced, enabling families to work and improve their own lives, for a trivial cost.

The Littlest Hobo
11-03-09, 10:28
Monty, i believe that helping these people to survive is just prolonging the agony.  Until their population is brought to a sustainable level whereby they arent producing ten kids each then i dont see what a difference a few moquito nets its going to make.  Pulling all charity and funding would be as humane as throwing dribs and drabs at the problem.Yes i know issues such as governing powers make things complicated but all we are doing at the moment is scratching the surface of problems rather than solving them.....IMO

Allan Hann 2
11-03-09, 10:38
MW, I wasn't realy slagging off Chris Moyles and co for doing what they've done for charity and all that- would these folk have arranged to do it all off their own backs if it wasn't under the auspices of red nose day/bbc etc- I doubt it...We raised the money ourselves to pay our own fares out to Albania- was organised by the fiancee of a guy from the church footie team I played for at the time. She had done some volunteer work out there for a year and as a result had learned some of the language and had previously worked in the orphanages we visited. For me the trip was about getting the chance to visit a completely different culture as well as trying to do somehing to help some kids a bit along the way. Changed my perspective on a lot of things in life and gave me some amazing memories. I wasn't trying to big myself up or get on any type of high horse- its just that someone mentioned scrubbing floors in Albanian orphanages and as I had actually done that I thought I could chip in a wee bit. Thats all.As an aside, I do listen to radio 1 in the mornings and do find the guy (and his posse or whatever they're called these days) amusing sometimes. But I have to say that I lost interest in the whole thing this morning when he started ranting about all the journalists who slagged him off and said he wouldn't manage the climb/walk/whatever..The final nail in the coffin was when they started taking calls from wellwishers who just wanted to congratulate him on his achievements and what he'd done. Bleeeeugh.Switched it off at that point.

JohnG
11-03-09, 10:52
Interesting you mention the church Allan. If you look at the relationship between government and church in some countries, church charity is the heart of the problem. Check out the problems in Manila (Hobo will appreciate) and then consider how the church's opposition to contraception and abortion is contributing to them. Give to any catholic charity and you are aggravating the problems they claim to fight.

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 11:01
Ah, but to counter Hobo's assertion that it's all their fault and pissing in the wind - you can't say that unless you also consider trade protectionism, IMF policy, etc. We're also to blame. There's no black and white.I'm sure most Christian cults, including whichever one Allan subscribes to, would point out how their doctrine differs to the mackerel snappers. Just how many angels can you get on the head of a pin, anyway?

11-03-09, 11:06
I seem to recall that cathod, uses the money raised by the charity to give loans in third world countries, and then ploughs the repayments back into the Vatican's finances.A lot of the aid that comes from America has also been hijacked by religious restrictions that dramatically curtails its effectiveness.

The Littlest Hobo
11-03-09, 11:17
I didnt say it was all their fault Monty. I am a believer in solving a problem, not making a gesture to ease a problem in the short term.  If the IMF is to blame for their troubles then i accept that.  But after you have bought them a mosquito net, the IMF is still there so all you have done is prolong the problem.I am liking the christian cults comment

Allan Hann 2
11-03-09, 11:32
I don't subscribe to any christian cults mw to be honest- however you would define them.John, not really a debate I want to get into either tbh...

Montgomery Wick
11-03-09, 11:38
Thing is, Hobo, I see the people that I meet here or in Burma (for example), then compare them to the scum I'm going to be encountering in Bolton in less than a week - I know who I'd rather give my money to, and who'll make best use of it.

11-03-09, 12:18
http://www.justgiving.com/adamgardiner

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 12:19
Interesting you mention the church AllanOh FFS - he mentioned "footie team" as well. Why not have a go at him for that too?Everythings connected, nothing's simple - but at least the guy got off his arse and painted some walls in his own time for no money!

11-03-09, 12:19
ego trip

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 12:30
Let them blow hot air out their own arses as long as it generates charityI think you're wrong about that BvG. That's more or less saying that the end justifies the means - which it doesn't.As far as I'm concerned the £58 you raised from your collection tin is more worthy than any number of millions raised by dubious means for dubious reasons by dubious ego-wracked celebs.You've captured the moral high ground, but nobody said it was going to be easy up there rattling your tin for pennies while you look down and watch the gutter-pigs feast in the trough of publicity.Hold firm, stick to your guns and do it the right way.

Shirley Crabtree
11-03-09, 13:28
anybody care to massage my ego?www.jogle2k9.co.ukandhttp://www.justgiving.com/jog-le-2009I don't really give a flying f**k what you think my reasons for doing it are as long as you dip into your pockets

JohnG
11-03-09, 15:35
Well as the charity ethic in western society comes straight out of the bible you aren't going to get very far without considering the role and impact of religion.I wasn't having a go Derek and go back a page to see my commenton Allan's personal effort. I'll have a go if you want though. How about: HITLER YOUTH POPE4S MISSIONARIES CONDEM MILLIONS OF AFRICANS TO DEATH IN AIDS SHOCKER

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 16:24
LOL - You idiot Edit: Aimed at JG, obviously?

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 16:27
I don't really give a flying f**k what you think my reasons for doing it are as long as you dip into your pocketsHmm... interesting point of view. Bur since you put it so nicely I shan't bother.0/10 for P.R., eh?

Mr.Wilson
11-03-09, 16:56
Cancer Research UK?! Not a bloody chance. Last dealing I had with them was them calling up saying they wanted a bigger share of the money raised (we were fundraising for 4 charities between the group) as they were higher profile than WWF.They do good work but I'm afraid any money that would have gone to them now goes to Marie Curie Cancer Care.

Nobby
11-03-09, 17:45
*jumps on bandwagon*

Benji M
11-03-09, 17:49
From what I recall from the show this morning, the trip was sponsored and funded by BT and the private jet was paid for by Gary Barlow and they only flew from Amsterdam in that jet. They did say how many people there were altogether, about 140 because of kit that was needed, carrying cameras etc. etc. Although folks may not like them as people, celebrities or whatever they've managed to raise a load of cash for charities, which wouldn't necessarily have been done. They also donated all there gear to the guides when they'd finished. I think they used moyles gear for a tent or 2.

Ti29er
11-03-09, 18:39
Life's too short.The fund raising I personally do is mostly low-key and for charities I have contact with. I've travelled many places and put money into local communities. The fact that some people are prepared to "go and do" and some are prepared to dig deep is what interests me. The fact that I do this for charities that affect me and my family also adds weight and impetus to what I want to add in my short life-time and it gives me a sense that maybe, just maybe I can help change someones life for the better.I don't want to go into real detail but it does make a difference. I've seen what the front line charities do, such as MSF & I'm always humbled and feel somehow worthless and without direction in their shadow. So, if Chris Moyles raises the profile of those in need, and even if I don't listen to R1 for a while, it doesn't ever stop me contributing something. If you choose to annilyse all this too much I pity you, I really do. Just help out. It makes a difference. On Friday please have your debit card to hand. Life's too short not to.Tim

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 18:58
On Friday please have your debit card to handTell you what. I'll donate £10 to Nobby's Bandwagon if you stop putting your name at the end of your posts.

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 19:09
Derek Hunter wrote (see)On Friday please have your debit card to handTell you what. I'll donate £10 to Nobby's Bandwagon if you stop putting your name at the end of your posts. LOL

Ti29er
11-03-09, 19:11
Why? Timps- I've just been to the page and you are saying you won't add some £ until I stop signing the posts. You sick pri"k.

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 19:14
Language Timothy!

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 19:14
I don't care much for folk, I only donate to environmental/conservation charities that I know are going to spend the money where I'd like to see it spent. 

JohnG
11-03-09, 19:16
Spend it yourself Karlos on cutting your carbon footprint and buying more expensive fair trade and bio products.

Ti29er
11-03-09, 19:20
Donate you sick man.You don't need me to stop signing my posts. I know you've donated elsewhere but it sickens me that you are feel you need something in return.Tim

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 19:24
You drive a hard bargain Tim.£12.50 - It's my final offer!

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 19:29
John Gourette wrote (see)Spend it yourself Karlos on cutting your carbon footprint and buying more expensive fair trade and bio products.What do you know about my spending habits/purchases, don't lecture me.

JohnG
11-03-09, 19:33
I know you buy crappy American bicycles thus financing the war in Iraq through the taxes the bicycle maker pays. Want more?

Derek Hunter
11-03-09, 19:37
John - That's four steps? DK buys American bike.American bike company pays taxes to US government.US government pays for US army.US Army fights dubious war.Anyone can do that. I want to see two steps or less. You're getting lazy.

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 19:44
Bikes are my own personal vice I admit, beats using the car though, plus like I said, I don't care for people much. I also bought a bike a few months back from a Yorkshire based company and that will still have the same effect.

Ti29er
11-03-09, 20:08
John thinks the war is a bad thing!Tim

11-03-09, 20:11
doesn't everyone!

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 20:12
Yep

Ti29er
11-03-09, 20:16
Clearly Not!Tim

JohnG
11-03-09, 20:17
John thinks the war is a bad thing!Good God Tim. You've correctly quoted me for once.

Nobby
11-03-09, 20:27
War.  Huuurrrgh!What is it good for?

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 20:29
Anyone know how tall Trevor is, I have some old trousers that I'm throwing out?

Nobby
11-03-09, 20:31
4'9" in his heels.Not sure green corduroy is his thing though.

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 20:32
Shit, that makes him 9" tall.

Ti29er
11-03-09, 20:41
Actually,    John thinks the war is a bad thing! (Good God Tim. You've correctly quoted me for once)     is not a quote.Tim

Nobby
11-03-09, 20:43
Trevor, after the accident....

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 20:46
Awesome outfit though.

Nobby
11-03-09, 20:48
You should see the fcuker run too.

Trevor Olling
11-03-09, 20:48
Hello

Trevor Olling
11-03-09, 20:49
These trousers, if the crotch is stained yellow or brown I'll have them.

Dirty Karlos
11-03-09, 20:51
You're in luck yellow and brown, you still down Ramsey Street?

Trevor Olling
11-03-09, 20:55
Yup. Send em on.

11-03-09, 22:16
There appears a better quality of insult on here than other forums, 

Klunk
12-03-09, 01:42

stuntman
13-03-09, 21:18
To be honest red nose day really pisses me off!

stuntman
13-03-09, 21:23
40 of them (only9 celebs) walked up the mountain to raise 1.5 million to help eliminate malaria! Great but Barlow Keating Cole, could have just wtitten a cheque for 0.5 mill and call it quits...job done!

Gav.
14-03-09, 12:35
The James Cordon / England squad sketch was quality though.Especially the comments to Lampard and Terry.