PDA

View Full Version : The F1

Kato !
02-11-08, 18:57
Yup it can be boring as fuck, but by christ that was an exciting last couple of lapslast couple of corners even!

Mike
02-11-08, 19:22
WOW! well done mr H

Adam Evans - Tree basher
02-11-08, 19:22
Hats off to Hamilton for getting the championship. Bad call by Toyota leaving Glock out on dry tyres. If they had changed him to inter's though the drama would have been less. Massa looked gutted, can't believe the Ferrari blokes thought they'd won it, then realised they hadn't.

DING..
02-11-08, 19:23
So that arrogant big headed tit won then?

Luke.
02-11-08, 19:23
I really enjoyed the last 10 laps, will he won't he, shit he's blown it, what the fuck happened there, he's bloody done it .

The crazy world of Monkey Space Pilot
02-11-08, 19:30
Didn't watch most of the race just the end, and Glocks actions look highly suspicious to me, could well be an appeal.

sprökitt
02-11-08, 19:35
we only saw glock's last corner and he even struggled to exit that. add up the time lost at all the previous corners and you can see how come he lost so much time, therefore no cause for appeal, imo

Kato !
02-11-08, 19:35
Yeah people will say Glock let Hamilton past, but it's fact he did a similar lap time to the other car on dry tyres which was Trulli.  He just had no grip in the rain on old drys, but no doubt the conspiracy theories will crop up now

02-11-08, 19:53
He appeared to be matching the sector times, until the last sector of the last lap, seems a lot to lose in the last couple of corners. Hamilton deserved the title, he was blatantly hard done by some stewards decisions through the season, but Massa has driven just as well, let down by his car a couple of times. And the last corner of the last race looks suspicious to me, if they had been gaining on Glock for the past two laps I would have accepted it without question, but that is not how it actually happened.

Dirty Karlos
02-11-08, 19:56
I'd gone off F1 a bit of late but that was class, great racing and the young guns are maturing into fine drivers. Respect to Massa, I'd never rated him until this year but he seems in control and less erratic. Well done Hamilton Hopefully things will improve next year on the overtaking front!

Adam Evans - Tree basher
02-11-08, 19:56
But i think the track only got properly wet in the last lap. And Glock's car was looking insanely skittish in the last corner. Wasn't he only 18seconds slower in the last lap? For a car on dry tyres on a wet track that isn't much. Wasn't it at Spa when Hamilton and Raikonnen stayed on dry tyres and lose over a minute per lap because they didn't change when the rain came down?

Dirty Karlos
02-11-08, 19:58
Hamilton will be getting some Pussycat loving tonight, jammy little scrote!

sprökitt
02-11-08, 19:59
if they had been gaining on Glock for the past two laps I would have accepted it without question, but that is not how it actually happened.according to ron dennis' interview they could, via GPS readings, see the gap between Ham and glock decreasing.

sprökitt
02-11-08, 20:01
anyway stuff this, top gear's back!!

Kato !
02-11-08, 20:04
Aye Karlos, big headed arrogant tit I think Ding said, but the lad's balls deep in Pussycat Doll tonight so fair play to him!

Dirty Karlos
02-11-08, 20:12
I had sex half way through the race, I don't know why I am telling, just felt the need to share.Thanks.

JohnG
02-11-08, 20:14
And a 22million salary to boot. I can't remember whether TF1 quoted £, $, or E, not that it really matters.

Klunk
02-11-08, 20:41
full marks to Martin Brundle, he was about  the only one to notice that Hamilton had past Timo Glock on the final corner, noone on 5 live noticed until  Hamilton crossed the line.

Monkey Trick
02-11-08, 21:31
I watched it late, as I was out racing myself at the Gorrick race today. I nearly fell off the sofa at the end. I thought the game was up, as those last few corners are not overtaking corners and I didn't realise Glock was having such a mare.My pleasure at seeing Hamilton take the championship was almost surpassed by my delight at seeing joy turn to despair when the camera panned in to the faces in the Ferrari garage. I have such an irrational hatred for Ferrari that if Hamilton moved there, I'd support someone else. Massa seems like a nice bloke and would be a worthy champion, but I can't stand those bloody red cars.

Klunk
02-11-08, 21:35
yep definately a barclaycard moment....watching the smile wiped of face of the Ferrari team principle priceless

Dalesman
02-11-08, 21:36
PissedCarehell no

Nobby
02-11-08, 21:39
Great day - spent most of it at Brands watching the truck racing mentalists then home for the GP then a great return from Top Gear  I thought the footage from the Ferrari garage was very interesting - the swing from "Massa's the champ" to "bollocks the Brit did it" on their faces showed the real extremes of human emotion in a few seconds.

Kato !
02-11-08, 21:40
Kimi looked pretty smug in the press conference too.  Think he'd rather Lewis had won the championship than Massa

Dalesman
02-11-08, 21:41
Nobby nope wrong there was no fear

Nobby
02-11-08, 21:44
You do get the impression that Massa isn't on Kimi's xmas card list don't you?

Kato !
02-11-08, 21:49
Aye, Kimi looks after Kimi

JohnG
02-11-08, 21:54
Through this thread I suddenly realise what F1 is all about. It's another soap with all the bitching, back-biting and squabbles. The appeal has nothing to do with watching pointed objects go around in circles it's just an alternative to Big Brother, Isle de la Tentation, etc. for men too embarrassed to admit watching such dirge.

Klunk
02-11-08, 22:02
yeah, like the tour de france without the drugs

02-11-08, 22:03
Thats sport not just F1, look at the dearth of comments made on Armstrong.

02-11-08, 22:03
beaten to it!

Kato !
02-11-08, 22:04
You're entitled to that opinion John.  I like motor racing, but I don't consider it a soap opera like you do and if you don't like it, excerise your right not to watch it.You know?  I don't like X Factor/Pop Idol/Big Brother et al, so I don't watch it, but I don't ridicule those that want to.  It's personal choice and if we all like the same thing, the world would be boring

JohnG
02-11-08, 22:11
I reserve the right to be irritating on car threads on a bike forum kato.   I didn't watch it apart from the "highlights" I was force fed on the news. I didn't watch the Tour either apart from the "highlights" I was force fed on the news.

Dalesman
02-11-08, 22:13
Dont watch the news

Monkey Trick
02-11-08, 22:35
There's nowt wrong with ridiculing those who watch X Factor/Pop Idol/Big Brother et al if you want to. Go on, have a pop at 'em. The world would be more boring if we didn't ridicule each other occasionally.

Mister Khomenni
03-11-08, 09:53
I'm not totally against F1, but here's some of my criticismscreates C02 Emissions Glorified car advert, selling the idea that if you buy a better car you can be a winner.Sick of hearing about how super fit they have to be, then Nigel mansell was virtually too fat to fit in his car, but still got a drive.LH is going to end up winning sports personality of the year (possibly) at the expense of proper sportsmen, when he was just sat on his backside pressing buttons.

Milton the Sausage
03-11-08, 09:53
It is over for another year then, oh goody.

Dirty Karlos
03-11-08, 09:54
You racists!

03-11-08, 09:57
All F1 cars should be built to accommodate a 6'2" 15 stone bloke, any driver that weighs less than that should have to carry ballast to make up the extra weight. I am sick of sports where it is an advantage to be tiny, whereas any sport that being big is an advantage has weight divisions.

BHB 10.6.6
03-11-08, 10:14
I was watching the X-Factor repeat so missed it all save the last 5minutes of interviews etc.Loved the faces of the Ferrari pit crew and Raikonnens smugness...shame for massa but if it weren't for some dodgy stewards decisions he wouldn't have been going into the last race with a chance.I'm so utterly glad that ITV's reign has ended, commercials and live sport are just two things that should never be mixed.

BHB 10.6.6
03-11-08, 10:15
whereas any sport that being big is an advantage has weight divisions.What like Rugby?

03-11-08, 10:25
In rugby being big is only an advantage in the pack, Englands best player over the past 5 years IMO was Jason Robinson usually the smallest player on the pitch.

Milton the Sausage
03-11-08, 10:26
Shane Williams

Mister Khomenni
03-11-08, 10:37
physique usually comes in somewhere Cycling - it's useful to have some sort 'golden'  ratio between  the length of your upper and lower leg.so if you love a sport and weren't given the right physical attributes, then reaching the top might be harder.

BHB 10.6.6
03-11-08, 11:32
Is it just me or does Hamiltons dad piss everyone else off too? Glory seeking fuck wit

Ironlung
03-11-08, 11:39
Have never really been into F1, more of a Moto Gp person myself But there does seem to have been a lot more interest in it this year, but he's won it now, well done to anyone who can driv o ne of those things around a track at those speeds and consistently do the same times over and over again. Buggered if I could!

Kato !
03-11-08, 18:25
"All F1 cars should be built to accommodate a 6'2" 15 stone bloke, any driver that weighs less than that should have to carry ballast to make up the extra weight. I am sick of sports where it is an advantage to be tiny, whereas any sport that being big is an advantage has weight divisions."There is a minimum all up weight of the car, fluids and driver in F1 so there is no advantage to be a small driverIt's MotoGp that has no minimum weight, which is why tiny men like Pedrosa, Dovisioso, Stoner etc have an advantage over the big fellas like Toseland and Edwards

Streako .
04-11-08, 21:29
I have already many people have come out criticising Hamilton for being a champ. So what if hes arrogant and cocky - that shows he is single minded and confident in his abilities. The fact that he takes chances and is exciting to watch means Formula 1 is again exciting to a british audience.I think its good to see his dad and his kid brother supporting him in the pits, Lewis wouldnt have made it without his dads support.It never ceases to amaze me how animosity towards a successful person develops. Good luck to the lad, I hope he has many more years of success.

Monkey Trick
04-11-08, 21:59
Dead right. He pulls moves that are worth watching: audacious overtaking manoeuvres that other drivers wouldn't have the nerve or skill to pull off. He's a class act. Not perfect, but that's fine: perfection is dull.

Dirty Karlos
04-11-08, 22:07
Were Schumacher or Senna perfect? christ no....Senna said he would take Prost out if he got ahead and he did, total ruthlessness. Hamilton is getting that reputation that the greats had, i.e. you better think twice if you're going to overtake me!Well done Lewis.

The Littlest Hobo
04-11-08, 22:21
If Senna or Schumacher had been in the situation Hamilton was in i guarentee that Massa would not have finished that last race.

Mike S
04-11-08, 22:44
'The last time a Brazilian got fcuked over this bad by a Brit was at Stockwell Tube Station'. IGMC!

Dirty Karlos
05-11-08, 07:40
Hehehe....

Nobby
05-11-08, 08:14