PDA

View Full Version : Quoting function

Sean Fishpool
17-01-08, 14:37
Hellowe've just uploaded a few changes to the BM forum software, including a tweak to the quoting function, which was not working for some people. We've tested it on the main browsers and it works fine for us, but it sounds as if some of you are still having problems.If it doesn't work for you, please could you:Clear your Bikemagic cookies, if you know how, and log back inIdeally, clear your cacheand/or post a message on this thread, containing as much of the following as possible:What happens (or doesn't...)Which browser and operating system you're using, and whether you have any modifications to itIdeally, any errors your browser records: if you see 'error on the page' or '1 error recorded' in the status bar at the bottom of your browser frame, please click it and paste the contents into your forum postIf you're happy for one of our tech guys to call you while you try it on screen, that would help them immensely: just send me a private message using the 'message member' link under this post.Many thanks - sorry to cause troubleSean, Magicalia

Sean Fishpool
17-01-08, 14:51
In case you don't know, here's how quoting should work: Press this to copy a post: Press this to paste it as a quote: Here's how it looks: Click the quote button under a post you want to quote A popup explains that to paste the quote into your message, you need to press the quote button on the message form. This popup has a 'don't show me this again' tickbox. You can select multiple posts to quote before pasting them together. The quote button turns red under messages that have been selected for quoting, and you can deselect a message by pressing its quote button (now 'unquote') again. Quotes from one thread can be pasted into another thread. A 'see' link by the quoted text takes readers back to the original post, whether it is in the same thread or not. Your unpasted quotes remain available until they are pasted or until the end of your session, whichever is sooner You can manually edit the quoted post once it's in your message form, eg if you don't want to quote the whole message We also have a wider guide to using the forum

Nobby
17-01-08, 15:20
Sean Fishpool wrote (see)Hellowe've just uploaded a few changes to the BM forum software, including a tweak to the quoting function, which was not working for some people. We've tested it on the main browsers and it works fine for us, but it sounds as if some of you are still having problems.If it doesn't work for you, please could you:Clear your Bikemagic cookies, if you know how, and log back inand/or post a message on this thread, containing as much of the following as possible:What happens (or doesn't...)Which browser and operating system you're using, and whether you have any modifications to itIdeally, any errors your browser records: if you see 'error on the page' or '1 error recorded' in the status bar at the bottom of your browser frame, please click it and paste the contents into your forum postIf you're happy for one of our tech guys to call you while you try it on screen, that would help them immensely: just send me a private message using the 'message member' link under this post.Many thanks - sorry to cause troubleSean, MagicaliaLooks like it's working now

Sean Fishpool
17-01-08, 15:29

Nobby
17-01-08, 15:31
Cleared all my cookies.

Mike S
17-01-08, 19:06
Nobby wrote (see)Cleared all my cookies.Woo hoo!

Adam Evans - Tree basher
17-01-08, 19:33
Nobby wrote (see)Cleared all my cookies.Fatty.

Vegemite
17-01-08, 19:42
Can I only quote if I have the 'upgraded' version of BM with the incredibly annoying 'smilies'?If so, I'll have to manage without.

sprökitt
17-01-08, 19:56
Everyone has the 'upgraded' version The basic editor looses the quote option so switch to Advanced WYSIWYG then choose render smilies as text. Then you'll be able to quote without the annoyances of those little orange blobs

sprökitt
17-01-08, 20:00
.. just noticed when editing - the advanced editor displays a text smilie as an image but when the update button is clicked it reverts back to text ??I think...

Vegemite
17-01-08, 20:15
Cheers Sprokitt - I've just done that and now I have a vast array of buttons to play with!Ok ok, so I know you've all had these for ages but they are new to me and I'll get excited if I want to.

Jeff H
19-01-08, 19:09
1684299|1mmmmm? well that didnt work!

Sean Fishpool
21-01-08, 15:23
Anyone still having problems with this?thanksSean 

Milton the Sausage
21-01-08, 15:43
Monkeyslap 2010

Sean Fishpool
21-01-08, 15:56
awesome, thanks