PDA

View Full Version : Plasma tv help required

Reality Before Ambition
10-01-08, 22:49
Well the new 37 panasonic plasmas arrived and looking good. Only problem is both the SKY remote & my DVD remote won't operate the sound. Only the new panasonic control allows sound to be altered up and down.Any ideas of the problem? I don't want to use the panasonic control at all. The Sky remote should be able to do it all.Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggetions. Its doing my nut in!"

mtbmatty
10-01-08, 22:50
sometimes the sky ones wont work with new skool tellies ie dvd tv combos dvd remotes r shit aswellfone sky might b the best 

Reality Before Ambition
10-01-08, 22:53
It worked fine with the old sony. DOn't want to have to use 3 controls with one of them just for the sound!Must be a simple answer as Panasonic is newly out. Might well end up phoning sky.

mtbmatty
10-01-08, 22:54
i wouldnt fone sky this time of night tho....you will get through to new delhi

Nobby
10-01-08, 22:58
You need to 're-program' the Sky remote IIRC.  I think each manufacturer has a special code that needs inputting.  If you've got your manual that came with the Sky box details should be in there somewhere (the installer probably did it originally).

mtbmatty
10-01-08, 22:59
i had the impression he had done that but the volume wouldnt work? the rest did

Nobby
10-01-08, 23:01
HERE

Reality Before Ambition
10-01-08, 23:03
Never seen that before - cheers Nobby. I'll away down and have a go.

Nobby
10-01-08, 23:12

Reality Before Ambition
11-01-08, 00:26
It worked Nobby. For some reason though when I switch sky on I still always have to push the tv button on the panasonic remote for it to show sky, otherwise black screen. Any idea why?