PDA

View Full Version : installing a second monitor on a PC

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 14:40
Ok, so a PC retard here.How do I get a doze PC to run two monitors...Assume I'll need a second graphic card, or will I require a graphic card which supports two outputs? and do I need 3rd party softawre or will XP pro do the job?

Mike! :)
21-05-07, 14:42
no software needed, xp does it finewhat graphics card do you have? you'll need to bare in mind running 2 monitors, you have an obscene resolution, and you need a damn good card to drive it.

Free Wheelin Franklin
21-05-07, 14:42
P.C.Wash your mouth out.You might find the answer on shecycles.com!Mac related quiries welcome.

21-05-07, 14:43
mac related queries?ok, When using a mac, how do you stop feeling like such a retard?

Vegemite
21-05-07, 14:43
Oooooooooo, two screens eh?Anyone else going to start waving their willy about?;-)

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 14:51
My thoughts exactly. The G5 does it trouble free.However, I need to do this on another machine running CS2 which happens to be a PC.I've got a Nvidia geo Fx UFO whizzbomb 92000 or something video card from a donor machine at work aka stole it.Am I correct in thinking install that, then make sure both the AGP and PCI cards are working then I can simply control both from the desktop settings?

Free Wheelin Franklin
21-05-07, 14:51
Being able to use it helps, but I can see how some one would feel like a retard without a basic working knowledge. This can be fixed though.With a little training and guidance, you will feel less of a retard everyday.:-)

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 14:52
two screens eh?One for palettes and other windows one for the work area, make sense to me.I suppose the closest you get to being creative is in writing statements.

Free Wheelin Franklin
21-05-07, 14:56
two screens eh?One for application one for email, makes sense to me too.

Vegemite
21-05-07, 14:56
I suppose the closest you get to being creative is in writing statementsI wouldn't say that is particulary close. The ones I make up are quite creative though I suppose.

Dirty Karlos
21-05-07, 14:57
I just use one big one.

21-05-07, 14:57
BHB, most graphics accelerator cards have 2 outs on, all 3 in this house have, and i used to run 2 monitors, just plugging them both in, then going to the desktop, right click, properties, then the display properties tabyou can arrange the screens in the black box for how they are, and by selecting each screen, you can choose the right resoloution for eachi'd show you if i could be arsed/find where my other monitor's gone

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 15:01
When you've got a couple of lacie monitors going for nowt might as well use them right?If it's more hassle than it's worth I won't bother, but I was in all honestly thinking through the medium of typing out on an internet forum...You're taking part in my decision making process and in part distracting me from the terrifying prospect of interviewing people on wednesday.

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 15:03
Mike I've just checked it out...Right click? properties? settingsThen it comes up 1 & 2? two being the secondIt bods just emailed me how to do it.This PC machine is fairly old I'll check it out

21-05-07, 15:10
this is what it should look like

21-05-07, 15:15
it doesn't matter what you plug in where, as windows will detect all the monitors, and it'll most likely make the one you're using now monitor 1then just get up that menu, enable the monitor, click extend onto this monitor" and set the res' and you're laughing"

BHB 10.6.6
21-05-07, 15:17
Yeah he explained a something about a 1&2.I Will have a play tonight, cheers!