PDA

View Full Version : What a game!!

Roger Rogue
05-07-06, 08:11
Any one see the first world cup semi last night?Best game of the tournament IMO,should have been the final.Tonight Poxy Portugal with the cheating Christiano Ronaldo and the French with Hobbling Henry.Thank god I'm out on the bike.:o)

Matt ....
05-07-06, 08:25
shhhh or you'll upset the AFL (anti-football league...) but yes it was a cracker :-)

FLaP (I eat Mule meat!)
05-07-06, 08:26
Yes I think that the game last night was the best, was with my g/f, her brother (botrh Italian) and a greek guy supporting Italy, whilst I secretly supported Germany!!!!But a very good game, thought Italy played some very positive football. Tonight there will be players rolling all over the floor with life threatening injuries every few seconds!!!!!

Roger Rogue
05-07-06, 08:28
B*******s to the AFL!!Probably upset that they missed The Bill last night.

Stephanos Wephanos
05-07-06, 08:31
Yes it was great match! End to end action throughout, and nobody really spent an age rolling around on the floor waiting for the magic sponge.

Pimpmaster Jazz
05-07-06, 08:31
Good game, but missed extra time. What was the final score?

Dirty Karlos
05-07-06, 08:32
18-0 TO MONGOLIA

Stephanos Wephanos
05-07-06, 08:32
Italy 2 : 0 Germany. Italy scored two in the final 2/3 minutes, good goals too.

Dirty Karlos
05-07-06, 08:33
Damn you Stevey!

FLaP (I eat Mule meat!)
05-07-06, 08:36
Grosso's goal was great, very well set up by Pirlo as well.There is a big Italian community in Bedford, the car horns didn't stop for most of the night!!!

Roger Rogue
05-07-06, 08:44
What I admired most was the way the players sprang up after a crunching tackle and carried on as if it was all part of the game.Perhaps the pansies in the Premiership should've been watching.

FLaP (I eat Mule meat!)
05-07-06, 08:50
Wonder if the Portugese were watching!!!!

The Littlest Hobo
05-07-06, 09:01
I will be supporting Italy in the final. This game shamed the rest of the world cup (Including Englands prima donnas). TBH i think france will win the cup.

Roger Rogue
05-07-06, 09:09
Wonder if the Portugese were watching!!!!"Probably were - they'll not want to play the wops!!"

FLaP (I eat Mule meat!)
05-07-06, 09:33
Forza Italia. I was actually happy to see Italy win (hi honey if you are reading this!!!)I think the game was played in the spirit of the occasion and both teams played well, as did the referee.

gary newman
05-07-06, 11:55
I blame the ref for the free flowing football.In the first 10 minutes the Germans fell on the floor rolling around three times, in one case he rolled so far that he rolled into his team mate who had the ball!!, the ref just ignored them and the theatrics soon stopped.Agree, twas an excellent game

FLaP (I eat Mule meat!)
05-07-06, 11:56
wonder if there will be any oscar performances tonight?Ronaldo up for best supporting actress?

Roger Rogue
06-07-06, 13:08
Didn't see the game last night,Portugal were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty - unfortunately it was Ronaldo who was fouled and the ref obviously tought he was up to his usual tricks...teehee

FLaP (Do you like my tank top?)
06-07-06, 13:10
Ronaldo dived - a dive a stuntman would have been proud off - yes I am surer that the ref thought he was crying wolf as well.Despite that he did actually play very well.Female FLaP is now very happy as she reckons her home team (Italy) will beat France - depends which Italy turn up really!!

mtbm
06-07-06, 21:19
good game!!!!!!! i enjoyed it loads worthy of the semi final i hope the final is as good

Roger Rogue
07-07-06, 07:37
Doubt that it will be,for some reason finals are always a let down.

FLaP (Do you like my tank top?)
07-07-06, 07:52
True Roger - my car now has an Italy sticker on the back (the pitfalls of having an Italian girlfriend) although it really doesn't look out of place here in Bedford.We looked at flights back to Italy last night for this weekend - for some reason they all seem to be very expensive!!!!!