PDA

View Full Version : Punctured inner tubes....

tim murfin (10% heavier)
26-03-03, 10:52
am I the only person too lazy to repair tubes after a puncture? I must have about 20 tubes hanging in the shed waiting for repair.Or are you the type who has more patches than tube?

Charlie T
26-03-03, 10:54
Chuck 'em. I usually scam free new ones so I never really repair more than one hole

Mr. Ste (one happy bunny!)
26-03-03, 10:54
i always seem to pick up slow punturse... they suck cos you can never find where its comming from!i must have about 15, and one form lastnight in my camelbak.does anyone ever fix puntcures or do they just buy new tubes??? also, whats a good repair kit??!?!? its been that long since i fexed one :)

Biker Bud
26-03-03, 11:27
dont bother fixing. Its just an arse to do, and the tire becomes weaker. easier to puncture. Any of the kits from Halfords are ok. Some ppl prefer metal tire levers over plastic, but they just scratch the hell outta the rims imo!p.s. like the new logo ppl? ;-)

Diane *GG*
26-03-03, 11:41
I just use leeches. The only tube I threw away was the one I blew the valve off of...Oops

26-03-03, 11:45
why?!?! just why has my mind once agian wondered into dirty thoughts?!?!?

Charlie T
26-03-03, 11:47
I knew someone would pick up that innuendo. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me, as usual!

Diane *GG*
26-03-03, 11:49
LolI got a bit carried away with the new pump and over-inflated the tube without realising.(Mr Ste - don't even think it!)

26-03-03, 11:51
*snigger*whaaaaaat?!?!!? :)

Charlie T
26-03-03, 11:53
He started it!

Dave Carlson
26-03-03, 12:00
Golf ball through a hosepipe?

Charlie T
26-03-03, 12:01
Now, anyone joining this thread on the 2nd page might be a bit worried. And well they should be!

Paul Cooper
26-03-03, 12:05
I've only been mtb'ing for 6 months but I haven't had a puncture - I ride with a decent wadge of pressure - am I not trying hard enough?

SloBoy - Also answers to Andy
26-03-03, 12:44
Paul - you're a Swinley denizen right ? It's great for no punctures in the Surry/Hampshire woodland and heathland. Whenever I ride anywhere else, I get that sinking feeling.But we should count ourselves lucky - no real thorns or flints - yummy !

Diane *GG*
26-03-03, 12:54
My areas not too bad either - picked up a few thorns. I got a pinch flat the first night I rode out on the new bike - couldn't resist bouncing it down a flight of steps...; )

Ancient Mariner
26-03-03, 13:01
What's the bike Diane?I always try to keep a couple of tubes repaired. Pat Mustard looks after his old tubes very carefully ;-)

Paul Cooper
26-03-03, 13:03
SloBoy - phew, I hammer some of the trails and drops without so much as a hint of gas release (at least from the tyres) I was beginning to worry about how hard you actually have to go to get there pinch punctures. Went with a mate who had hired a bike from the place at the Lookout the other week - he got a puncture (tyre walls on removal appeared to be made of some sort of tissue paper) - my puncture repair skills came into play and failed me from lack of use!

Dave Carlson
26-03-03, 13:03
New bike? Wotcha got? Does it go up hills?

Diane *GG*
26-03-03, 13:06
I mean't my current bike when it was new. After my old steel hybrid, it felt wonderfully light and bouncy. Can't afford a new bike now with the flat. *sigh* - But then, my cindercone's barely seen any use in the year I've had it!

SloBoy - Also answers to Andy
26-03-03, 13:11
Keep trying, Paul. Now the trails are getting harder you're bound to manage a blow out or split rim or summat !