PDA

View Full Version : Job interviews

Andy Edwards
27-02-03, 14:14
quick question for the combined wisdom of the bikemagic crew.Been for two job interviews recently and have yet to hear back from either. On the asumption that the bastards wont give me the job what do you think would be appropriate action to take against these people.1. Firebombing the offices.2. Firebombing their homes.or3. Just killing them?Or are there any alternatives you can think of?

Cullen Ward
27-02-03, 14:17
Ask them for feedback. Seriously. It could well give you the edge in your next interview

Andy Edwards
27-02-03, 14:18
Not as much fun though is it.

Dave Carlson
27-02-03, 14:31
Andy, weren't the interviews only last week? That's a bit soon to be over-reacting. It took two months from my interview for this job before I heard I'd got it. Just remember, no news is good news...;-)

Andy Edwards
27-02-03, 14:49
What do you mean over reacting!I'll kill the fuckers!

Beckers ....(*cough*...I'm still poorly....)
27-02-03, 15:10
could it be that your potential employers read the BM forum........nice, hard working, concientious, stable employees...that's what they all want...apparently..

Charlie T
27-02-03, 15:11
Or get a recruitment bod to handle all the crap for you. it's what I get paid for! Push for feedback, you can never really be too keen to know how it went. Take the feedback and use it as ammo for the next interview.

Mr. Ste (*Moooo*)
27-02-03, 15:14
yeah but dont badger them too muchsorry, had to be said

Charlie T
27-02-03, 15:14
Respect Ste

Mr. Ste (*Moooo*)
27-02-03, 15:18
cheers mr t

Blarn E Stone
27-02-03, 15:18
If you were first choice you would have heard, if you were crap you would have heard. As it is, you are probably number 2 or 3. You will not hear until they finish negotiating with number 1.You're close -probably not close enough.Good Luck next time.ps Do ask for the feedback -it could help.

Mr. Ste (*Moooo*)
27-02-03, 15:21
i went into the interwiew for this job, just with my head held high, thinking im gonna get this f*cking job, cos i'm so damn good!!!"unbelievably, it worked. think there's alot to be said about someones confidance. i've managed to get this far from mearly a happy smile and a firm handshake.but less of the bullshit......."

Tim - base phase
27-02-03, 15:23
Blarn are you saying he's a 'Number 2'snigger

Mr. Ste (*Moooo*)
27-02-03, 15:25
seriously though (makes a change huh)i'd be pretty much thinking the same as you after a week... why cant these feckers just be straight with you, huh?i'd be being the best" in some other interview.... which, if you really want to get out of where you are now, you should have lots of..good luck matey"

Anne Brown
27-02-03, 15:31
they probably haven't even finished interviewing.

Blarn E Stone
27-02-03, 15:34
err!Andy, I didn't think about number 2's in the way Tim has. You're probably a simmering mass of discontent at the moment, I hope I've not made it worse.Still, it did make me smile:)

Mr. Ste (*Moooo*)
27-02-03, 15:34
possibly. still wouldnt hurt to get as many backups as poss.i had 2 offers from other places when i went for this job.... both pretty pants, but backup non the less.better than working in burtons menswear my whole life, lol

Blarn E Stone
27-02-03, 15:58
yourlast question at an interviewwhen will you be making a decision?"at least you have an idea of how long you will have to wait"

Andy Edwards
27-02-03, 16:03
Blarn very good point that but it slipped my mind at the time!One of the interviews I went to at the end they said they'd already given the job to someone but they got my CV and wanted to interview me...Anyother place I applied to phoned me up a week or two later and said they'd filled the post but they wanted to use my cv in a bid for some work from DEFRA and if they got it they'd get back to me.... cheecky fuckers

Neil Watterson
27-02-03, 20:15
Why did they want to use your CV? Is it some kind of look, this is the calibre of person that we have applying for our jobs - you should give us the contract" thing.If so and they don't give you the job, I'd go for option 4: urinate in the windscreen washer bottle of their car. It won't hurt anyone and it would really piss them off."

Anne Brown
27-02-03, 20:21
LOL